
A long time ago I attended a devotional at BYU that was really interesting. (They were all interesting this one was memorable). I can't remember the gentleman's name to look it up (so if anyone else remembers tell me) but this mans research was about connections between people. He showed us diagram after diagram of famous writers, scientist, mathematicians,actors, etc...who knew each other, even briefly. He then theorized how their interactions could have influenced each others work.
My mom has mentioned that she likes to see my blog list because then she gets to know my friends better, therefore getting to know my life right now better. I admit I occasionally look at blog lists of my friends blogs, and read things about their friends. Sometimes I wonder how people know each other, and why they are friends. Well, I love my friends so much I would love to introduce everyone! I realize not everyone who reads this has a blog....so sorry...you are going to have to leave a comment and introduce yourself. Now here I go in no particular order (Actually the order is in who posted last so if you see yourself at the end you might want to post more often...) Anyway, friends...please meet my friends.
1. Inspiration Knoll: My friend from the sixth grade, Ben Knoll and his wife Katy. I try not to hold their political opinions against them. :) Actually I really admire Ben and his educational aspirations. We were in the band together, in AP classes together, and he always encouraged me to study harder. (Mainly because I had to study harder than him because he was smarter than me...) We both lived in Iowa at the same time but somehow never managed to see each other. :( I am excited for them as they are expecting their first baby!
2. Sentiments by Sophia: My favorite Aunt Sophia!!! I find myself at a loss of words on how to describe my aunt, but only because she has a very vivid personality that words can't really encompass. She had a blog, probably before any of us did, she is organized, crafty, witty, and helps hold our Corbridge family together. She has a very fun personality and is passionate about LIFE. Plus, she is the mother of my favorite cousin Liza.
3. Jared-Liz etc...my cousin Liz and her family. I hardly ever see them so I get to peer through their life via the blog.
4. Chapman Family: My new friend Monique who moved away to Hungry just as I was getting to know her! :( (But she is finding joy in the journey there so I should just be happy for them). Monique is awesome and even though I only got to live in the same ward as her for a short time I enjoy reading her blog because she is just one of those people who motivates me and makes me smile. (Especially when she writes the funny things her kids do/say....I still laugh at the monster pee...)
5. My Daughter is...: My friend Arlynda from here in the Fort Meade ward whom I am learned tons from. She does everything. I think she is great because she has a year supply of spices in her food storage (and coconut milk), she HAS a food storage, she sews amazingly and is giving me lessons, she has fun kids, and everything she does she is good at.
6. Brooke and Ben: If you haven't figured this one out...its my SISTER! I know I know we are hard to tell apart...what with her whit and photo skills...oh wait. You probably can tell us apart. :) If you don't check out her blog you should because she takes awesome pics and says funny things. (Check out comments from me and the peanut gallery to get the full picture though!)
7. Syphert Shelf: My awesome friend/VT companion. Jill is an amazing mom who has three fun girls. She home schools and LIKES it, which I think is AWESOME. I try to pick her brain about it, but like everything else she usually just teaches me by her awesome example.
8. Stoddard Family: Tarah my sane roommate from college. I say sane because she saved me from an insane roommate who locked me out of our room the week of finals because I told her that her boyfriend was a jerk. (He was). Tarah has the gift of friendship. She values friends and stays in touch with them. She is a good mom, crafty, and fun. When I think of my memories with her as a roommate I smile...Emily whats her name who spray painted her shoes and wore bunny ears to church(BTW what is her last name I want to Google her!) the shoes in the bathroom stall, the flour disaster, the blackmail camera pics, anatomy and stats classes...oh boy.
9. Williams family: This is my friend Heather who I was my head teacher when I taught English in Russia. I still can't believe how young she was, and how capable she was at taking a whole bunch of older but incompetent teachers to a whole new country, organizing us, and getting us to do our job. (Did I mention we were in Russia!) My favorite memory of Heather was taking ballet classes with her. We accidentally called our ballet teacher a diminutive form of his name...accused him of stealing a headband from the school, and all had secret crushes on him. Remember how Kristen said, "If he can kiss Sister Victoria...why can't he kiss me!" Good times.
10. The Atwater: My high school friend Joanie who I danced with on a ballroom dance team. She was always my favorite because she has a very dry sense of humor, was an awesome dancer, and was always fun to be around because she didn't take herself too seriously. If ever there was a friend that I wish I could live near again it would be her. (Someday her son Noah and Noelle are going to be dance partners and and win 10 dance youth ballroom...)
11. Kingery family: Shilae and John are friends we have made in our Fort Meade ward. They are one of those great couples who just match well with both Jason and I. I was way excited when we moved and I discovered we are so close to them because they are so fun and natural to hang out with. (Plus their daughter Alora is amazingly well behaved and we want Noelle to grow up to be like her).
12. Brookes photoschool blog: Yep. My sister again...she is supposed be teaching me how to take pics but hasn't posted in a while. (I shouldn't complain because I get a real lesson in person this week! Hip hip!)
13. Anxiously Engaged: My favorite friend Krystal from BYU!!! I just love Krystal. (On Anne of Green Gables she talks about kindred spirits...Krystal is definitely a kindred spirit). We went through the dance program at BYU together. Wow. We retook classes together, gave each other pep talks, did pilates together, talked each other into going on missions, reassured each other about getting married, and had kids at about the same time. I love that we both served missions at the same time. Krystal was/is such an example to me. I just can't explain her awesomeness without sounding corny.
14. Mark and Bramblin: My friend AmberLynn who is living my dream by living in the tetons! We grew up together having tea parties with our American dolls, then lived together in Jackson WY for several summers. I would definitely say that Amberlynn knows things about me that no one else does. All I can say is dusk...Jackson lake...a dare...and waving at our "when life flashes before my eyes" video. :)...We went on tons of amazing hikes together, (we always remembered to hang the bear bag, just didn't always remember the loaf of peanut butter sandwiches in our backpack!) Nicknamed each other "bear-bait" and "band-aid", worked with each other every day, slept in the same room, ate at the same time, rode our bikes to work together, and tried to keep Johannes from getting eaten by a bear together(Whom he named Ruggles and decided he HAD to take pictures of when we were 7 miles DOWN DEATH cannyon!!!) I have so many great memories with Amberlynn. Now we both have kids and I get to see her when we both visit our parents wards.
15. Famigla Boyd: My Pink Lady! Becky and I were in the same ward, but really became friends in an AP class at Sky View. She was one of my only "girl" friends after a lot of my other friends graduated a year a head of me. Becky is always funny and super happy. We formed a girls group that occasionally tried to pull pranks. (We did not have the skill to be discreet...) She and Julie tried to teach me how to get guys. (it didn't take...but I guess it worked on the one that was important!)
16. Brittney: (Her blog is private, but I will introduce her anyway). Brittney marched with my in marching band, danced with me on our ballroom dance team, and helped me steal the drum line's couch. (We put it in a field took pictures, and then returned it because our Jimminy Crickets were chirping). Brittney was my makeup artist, therapist, and dancing friend. I love that she married our friend Kandace's brother.
Wow! I know that was long, but it made me realize how grateful I am for friends from all seasons in my life. I have so many other people whose blogs I read, or friends who don't have blogs...maybe another day. But, now all of you know each other and why the people on my blog list are my friends. I hope none of you mind what I have said about you...if anything I have more great things to say...just not time to say it all.
6 comments:
hahaha You crack me up. Your posts always brighten my day. Thank you for introducing me to your beloved friends and family. I feel honored. =)
Thanks for introducing me as your sane roomate and not your crazy engaged at 18, messy, disorganized roomate, who by the way is no longer quite as messy and disorganized after living with the obssevily clean, can't stand to have my closet door open roomate. I love you lins, and I love reading your blog.
Thanks Lindsey, now I can place all of your friends who I read about on your blog. (By the way, Lindsey's friends...thanks for the great influences you have been on her. A mom likes to have great friends for her kid!) Some of you I know and some I have only heard about but I admire all of you who are going through life and doing it well. I remember being a young mother with three little kids and sometimes feeling pretty alone and overwhelmed. (Maybe blogs would have been helpful in the "olden" days!
Lindsey, I love YOUR blog! If it weren't for 007, I'd advertise it to the world because they don't know what they are missing! Thanks for your kind words! You do know how to make your favorite Aunt Sophia feel great! We're heading off to the ranch for the weekend to celebrate our own good news! Have a great weekend! LYB!!
S~
I loved your post Linds! Just so you know, I made my blog private a month or so ago, so maybe that is why it is not updating how recently I've posted... :)
BTW, I like to come to your blog ALSO bc you have great taste in music! I just got 5 songs... 5!!! ... from your playlist and I already have some of them. We are just kindred spirits, I tell you what! I made the cut?? yes!!! Well, it's amazing to think what fast friends we became. :) Miss you guys mucho! Anytime you wanna come out and play would be fabuloso!
Post a Comment