Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Auhhhhhhhh! I am so mad I could spit! I have four loaves of bread in the oven that have risen beyond capacity, and my stove won't get hotter than 200! So pretty much my entire morning of grinding wheat, spraying ground wheat all over the carpet, making bread, cleaning dough off of everything is...wasted. I am so bummed. On a brighter note, today is BEAUTIFUL!!! I went for a walk with Noelle and I could have stayed outside forever if I didn't have to get her back for a nap. It was warm, the leaves are AMAZING and it was just a great reminder that life goes on despite my failed attempts to be Martha Stewart.

Noelle ended up here because I needed the measuring cups and that is usually what she plays with while I cook

We have had an interesting week of walks. Yesterday I saw this:

If your not a bird expert...thats an entire house decorated with live vultures. It was after halloween...maybe somthing really did die? Today we saw a snake and the day before we saw creepy neon caterpillars. Doesn't this just make you want to move to the east coast?

Two days ago she had to wear a coat, hat, mittens, and a blanket. Today I debated on socks. I love fall!



Though I have watched the news, debated, pondered, and wondered about the election for the last six months I am not going to comment on it. Not out of personal editing. (I am grateful for my friend Becky's zeal for issues) America voted. I am not indifferent I am just not using this forum to voice my thoughts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love Noelle's pink coat.

You live in a beautiful place. We have no colorful trees in Perm now. It has finally started to snow! We were afraid something was completely wrong with the nature here but it turned out it wasn't that bad.

Lindsey said...

Yea! I love hearing from you dasha. I would write on your myspace but I don't have an account. (security purposes) Your picture is cute! How is school going?

Anonymous said...

Thanks! :-)
It's ok that you don't have a myspace account. I have blogger though and it's wonderful that we can talk here. :-D
Oh, school... Remember the movie where Adam Sandler sings 'Love stinks'? Well, i'd say the same about school. I hate spending the rest of the day and the night doing homework which seems to have no end(I love Fridays coz there're no classes on Saturdays! Yay!). So in order not to go completely mad i from time to time spend a half an hour, at least, hanging out in the web and then 30 more minutes taking Berg for a walk. But, however, i understand that studies are important and useful, besides some of them are interesting and entertaining. I'm still not sure about my future profession, though. Nevertheless, i know i want my life to be connected with English. That's why i'm sure i've chosen the right faculty(even though it's British English we study, which i don't really enjoy).
I like to write. Do you think i could be a writer?
What's your occupation, by the way?
Woops, almost forgot, how's Jesse?

Always Your Russian Sister,
Fuzzy Maraka.

Anonymous said...

Oh she looks so cute bundled up in all that pink! Especially that beanie :) What a cutie.

Jill said...

okay, lindsey, so that happened to ME TOO!! not the gas part, but i had three loaves baking (i still need to buy one more loaf pan), and had pulled them out, YES, beautiful - but still took 45 min. to bake...then stuck the last loaf in and the oven light started flashing. this means the oven won't retain its heat. i've got experience with the flashing light as it happened to me a few months ago on my FIRST apple pie. :( so only my last loaf turned into something that looked like whole wheat...foccacia, but i truly feel your pain of the entirety of the process lost. LAME!

it's SUCH a great recipe - we love it. and shared it with merrin j. who also voted with two thumbs up :)

Lindsey said...

Dasha,
Jesse is doing well. I am sooooo glad I can talk to him on the phone any time I want. He is a great brother! I am glad that you are studying English. Not every Russian can say Barf 8 different ways!!! There are a lot of things you can do with English so you have lots of choices for a profession. My profession right now is being a professional mom! I went to school and studied dance though. I would like to have a dance school someday. (Right now Noelle is my only student!)
Oh! I go on walks every day too. Next time I go I will think of you and Berg!!! I bet he misses me. I used to give him treats!