Friday, March 6, 2009

Getting a complex

I am starting to get a serious complex.
I petrified lasagna this week. Petrified. And then feed it to guests.
I made bread. from scratch. Ground the wheat. Cleaned the kitchen. Waited two hours for it to rise....in never did.
My camera isn't working. Ok. The person behind the camera isn't working.
My keys are still lost. My blood pressure is rising just saying that.
I can't seem to do anything right.
So I am posting this to build my self esteem. Because if I don't my husband is going to have more to worry about than the fact that his Big Box Size of Junior mints are gone.

I finished this dresser last week. It was a mess when Jason found it, but with a little love, lots of paint, and some odd stares from neighbors it is done. Oh to have drawers for our drawers. :) Or undies. Or whatever you call them.


I made Noelle a tutu today. Mainly because my other creative experiments weren't going well and I needed to redirect my attention. She cried when I first put it on, but now she loves it, and looks so cute when she runs around the house in it.


I have also been working on some writing. I know you all wish I would work on my grammer, but I am endeared to my imperfections with that so keep wishing. (This is the project that has me pulling my hair out.) Why is it that some pursuits and goals claim so much of your desire and so little of your ability!

Excerpt from unfinished mumbo jumbo:
It was for that reason that he patiently dealt with the four other judges, that he spoke great elucidations to the public, and that he wrote meaningless propaganda in the scrolls. The time was nearing. He could almost taste it, like a bat about to feast, blind, but senses inclined towards things that others could not see.


PS I have a serious love hate relationship with my writing right now. I might end up cutting my ear off. That is the kind of mood it puts me in. If I ever finish this project it will be a miracle. (Especially if I keep all my limbs and appendages)

14 comments:

Barbie said...

A complex???? Here are some thoughts. First of all petrified lasagna could lead to some great discovery in food preservation science. Or, could be a great find for future anthropologists. Lost keys...you just think they are lost. Your little tutu elf probably knows right where they are! By the way, there are tutu's and there are TUTU'S. You made the later! What a lucky little dancer Noelle is. As far as your writing woes-repeat after me, "I will not get discouraged, I will not get discouraged!" I love you quirks and all!

Barbie said...

One more comment-the dresser looks beautiful. You did a great job on it.

Lindsey said...

Thanks mom. If I ever finish my project it will be dedicated to you. (I did just spend a successful naptime working...so my rants at least got the juices flowing again.)
Oh...you like the tutu. Wait until you see the one I am going to make for myself! I better shut the blinds cause people are going to want tickets to the Lindsey and Noelle show! :)

Brooke Snow said...

I want tickets to the Lindsey and Noelle show! Great work Schwest! And one snippet from your book is enough to make me want to read the whole thing! Very compelling! way to go!

AmberLynn said...

Wow. I'm always amazed at what you come up with. Great work on everything! I noticed in one of your earlier blogs you mentioned going to Hawaii. Have you gone yet? I haven't seen any pictures. If you still need ideas of where to go I can help... :)

Shilae said...

That dresser looks AWESOME! And we have the exact same picture above our black dressers in our bedroom---spooky.

Jesse said...

I like the attire for Noelly. I can just imagine that she'll grow an attachment for it like kids do and she'll want to wear it everywhere and all the time.

Laurel said...

Nice dresser! I'm impressed! And don't worry about the lasagna. It happens. And I agree with your mom. I bet your little munchkin knows right where they are. My sister-in-law "lost" her diamond earrings once upon a time. Eliza had been playing with them and left them in the track of the sliding closet door. I bet you'll find them where you least expect them. So, I'd suggest you start looking there. :) When you do find them (and you will), have Jason rig up some kind of GPS tracker fob. I'm sure he'd love the geek squadiness of the task. :)

Sarah said...

The dresser looks awesome! And that tutu is beyond adorable. Seriously, you've inspired me to make one for my own little dancer. P.S. Don't fret about the keys. I was just rereading my journal and was reminded of the day Olivia managed to hide my keys IN THE PIANO! I couldn't find them anywhere, and then one of my hyperactive students came over and started playing all of the lowest bass notes, and I heard a strange rattling. Later, when I STILL couldn't find them, I remembered the piano episode and, after a bit of disassembling, found my missing keys. Oh, and good luck with the writing - you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

the dresser is outstanding! nice job!
your writing is unbeatable! i'll never do as good as you even if i do study english grammar which i do.(unfortunately after the numerous classes of english i start to forget russian so now i know neither one language nor the other one, i speak "dasha's version of english" and "dasha's version of russian")

Brittney said...

Linds you are so funny I love reading your blogs- you an awesome writer! And your little writing excerpt was great I enjoyed reading it. And the dresser really is so nice- I love it, looks like you could have spent a lot of money on it.

Ben said...

Why do you need your keys anyway? Didn't you recently find a book about opening locks with improvised tools? This is a perfect practice opportunity.

Monique said...

"he spoke great elucidations to the pubic" This was my favorite part. Do you always speak to your pubic? :) heehee! (I think I am still 12.)

You are hired as a tutu maker and dresser re-doer. My wages are relatively high. You absolutely rock at whatever. I am sure it was the BEST petrified lasagna ever. for real. I also want that picture. Extra spooky.

Lindsey said...

Monique, Thanks for pointing that out. Good grief that's embarrassing!