Monday, July 27, 2009

Imaginary marshmellows

I was yelled at by a mother at the park today. She was upset about the imaginary fire that her daughter had started with some sticks under the playground.

I told her, "Your daughter is the one that started the imaginary fire. I just gave her the imaginary marshmallows to roast!"

She then let me know that she didn't approve of adults going down the slides.

I guess she saw my demonstration on how you go up the stairs to go down the slide repeated several times.

When the woman finished her rant I went up the stairs, sat on the big spiral slide, and slide as fast as I could yelling "Weeeeeeee!"

It was a fun day.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

Good for you! Who says that the slides are just for little kids? I think big kids are just as allowed. As for the fire and marshmallows...did you make smores?

Unknown said...

I agree with Barbie - slides are for everyone. Her comment also made me really want smores. Add that to the menu for our camping trip!

Brooke Snow said...

She has "no imagination" as Anne would say. It's so sad when adults have to live in the real world 100% of time... and the negative real world at that.

Monique said...

How was she mad at YOU for the fire that her daughter did? Some people have a crappy life and just want eveyrone else to feel crappy. Bummer for them.

Weeeeeeee! I did something JUST like this the other day. :) Once again. BBF - Blogger Best Friends...