Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sisters

having Sister Missionaries in the ward is just plain awesome.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I agree Sister missionaires are awesome! And when I was in Hawaii I loved the sister missionaires that were in our ward!

As to the Big Island I do have a ton of family there. My aunt lives in Hilo and that is where I lived. If you are there on a Sunday my uncle is the bishop of his ward and I love that ward. Any way one of the things that i really loved to do was go up to Mauna Kea. It is beautiful. You need to go up right before sun set like a half an hour to an hour before sunset. There is an observatory up there and once it gets dark they have telescopes and all kinds of things up there. They even have hot chocolate, cause it does get a little cool so take a jacket. But before sunset you park at the observatory and then you should hike up one of the peaks it isn't too bad and watch the sun set it is soooo beautiful and just so amazing. Aub and I both felt like it was a spiritual experience. The volcano national park was fun so that is a good place. And if you are going over to Kona side there is a green sand beach over there somewhere I can't really remember but if you are interested I could find out. In Kohala that is orginially where my grandpa and family are from infact there is a lot of family land there, there is a really nice valley called Pololu valley that you can hike down. My grandpa was born down there. Some beautiful places to hike are Waipio valley which is just ouside of Hilo it is beautiful you hike down and it is soo pretty in this little valley tons of guava trees all over and there is a little beach there where a river and the ocean meet and it is a good swimming place. there are some beautiful waterfalls to hike to like Akaka falls, and ohhh boy I forget the names let me know and I will tell you about them. I think akaka has a hike with it but not a very long one. And there is Big Island Candies it is soooo good if you go to there big factory store they have the best stuff!!!! And their shortbread is to die for. And you can go to the Mac Nut farms and taste hot macadamian nuts. So there are a few ideas let me know which interests you and if you want further info on any of them. I love the big island it is so beautiful.

Brittney said...

Holy cow I am a little embarrased at how long my comment is!