Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thee singing pigs say, "La la la"

* Ran a 5k on Saturday. It was actually sponsored by our stake. Isn't that the greatest stake activity? We loved it. Jason and Noelle "ran" half of it as a team. He says that he was behind me for most of it, but I was too focused on beating the eight year old genius in our primary. The last little stretch I got a killer side ache, and watched him bounce farther and farther ahead of me. But, I finished the race and felt pretty good about that.

*Urine for a treat: Noelle went on her first "public" potty yesterday. She stood on the toilet. Success? Today I got her already for church. Five minutes later she came in with a different outfit on and had taken her hair out. What I didn't realize was that she had also taken her panties off. So she went commando to church. When we discovered it we had to use the backup pair. Luckily, I had snuck her toilet seat in the diaper bag. (Who does that?)She didn't have any accidents.

*Pigs say: Noelle is learning the animal sounds. Dogs say "raaaah" sheep say "baaaa" and according to her and Sandra Boyton pigs say, "La la la." I would try and reteach her correctly, but "oink?" what pig says oink? In Norway pigs say "nuff nuff" and somewhere else (Russia maybe? Help me out Dasha) say "Rue rue" So, why not "la la la?"

*We have had house guests for the majority of last week. I LOVE it when family comes to visit. I love that Noelle has people to play with and that I get to share Hawaii with people I love. I also REALLY like it when they leave farmers market salsa in my fridge. :) I pulled it out for lunch and Noelle wanted some. The first bite she pulled a face like the first time I ate sushi and SMOTHERED it in wasabi and then tried to pull my eyeballs out because my nasolacramal ducts were on an acid trip. But, after the initial reaction Noelle smacked her lips, said "hot" and then proceeded to eat the entire container--with one chip. Well, two. I tried to get in on the action and she stole my chip.


*Back to school: I am going back to school. I looked online today at classes. I thought about getting a masters for about 15 minutes and then decided that there was no point in two degrees that I didn't use. By request of my husband who wants a "educational discount" on some software I will probably just be taking some English classes. I am actually looking forward to it.

* I am teaching the Cha Cha to the Young Men and Young Woman tonight. Oh, so maybe I will use that first degree that I got. Anyway, Jason is supposed to be helping me with this, but he hasn't practiced. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

You're very cool. 5ks, going back to school, teaching your kid to stand on public toilet seats--hey, I do that too! (Well, actually I just use them without touching them, the method varies :)

Glad your kid likes Salsa. Fits since that was her first word. Feel so sorry for those who don't like spice in life. They're truly missing out on the "party in your mouth" secret.

Pigs can definitely say la la la.

maughans said...

I have to go back to school tomorrow

Saundra said...

Your Stake rocks! I wonder if we could get that going in the Annapolis stake....

Unknown said...

I'm with Saundra, we need to get our stake to do a 5K! It's not a matter of getting THEM to do it though. We'll just arrange it ourselves! Good job on the 5K, school, potty success and animal sounds. I hope the cha cha went well!

Barbie said...

Alright Lindsey! 5K finisher in the heat of Hawaii...prepared for anything Mom at church...language teacher of animal sounds in any country (I love the differences of sounds that they make)...salsa kid's mom who definitely doesn't have a "picky eater"...Hawaii hostess extraordinaire...and writer of daily life that makes us laugh and walk with lighter steps the remainder of the day!

AmberLynn said...

Kael LOVES that book! Especially the, "La,la,la" part. We read it a lot. I'm impressed about the 5k. Great work! Keasten and I are biking aound Bear Lake on Saturday as part of a BSA fund raiser...50 miles. I hope it's not too hot!

Boyd said...

I have definitely heard pigs say "la la la", and why shouldn't they?! Noelle is right on!!
Loved this post, and all the cute details of your little girl and all the fun things you've been doing!! 5k, wow! you go girl!!!