Friday, March 12, 2010

3 weeks 4 days

Today:

* My husband is drinking his yogurt with a coffee straw because I didn't put a spoon in his lunch.

* The microwave died. I am supposed to be sad about this.


* I tested the heat capacity of Formica and then gave myself Stella Luna award.

* I've officially decided that this baby is coming this weekend.
Not because I am sick of being pregnant. (Even though I am).
Not because I am ready for labor. (Ready? After visiting the doctor and having her check my cervix and feeling like the doctor was trying to pull out my tonsils while she was at it....I am pretty sure that I am not "ready").
Not because I am constantly tired and whine too often. ( Sorry about that.)
Not because I could really use a pep talk from anyone who loves me.... (hint hint...tell me that I won't be a slug forever!)

It needs to happen because my feet are disgusting and need some 50 grit sandpaper, but I can't even reach them to take care of the problem.

5 comments:

Barbie said...

The Stella Luna award is brilliant! It looks like you deserved it. I'm sorry for the loss of your microwave...but it looks like it had a full life and will now enjoy microwave heaven. As for your having a baby this weekend...I think you are having company so you had better hold off. Maybe you could put Noelle to work on your feet since she is closer to the ground. By the way, you will soon be back to your bouncy and zippy self because "this too will pass."

Brooke Snow said...

You'll make it! Just like you said yesterday, you "don't have a choice!" Maybe you have to just pull out those "trick your body" tips that you know :) I know this doesn't help, but I just have to say that I'm so glad I'm not pregnant anymore! I actually ran into the house yesterday after pushing the garbage cans out and thought to myself, "That was so cool! I ran into the house! I'm moving around like i did before! And even though I still have 30 pounds to lose, I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!"

You'll be zipping around again before too long. The last few weeks are the absolute hardest. Just think of climbing Teewinot. How hard the last little bit was, but how amazing it was after you got to the top :) If you did THAT, you can pretty much do anything!

Love you big!
Hang in there!
Wish I could come to Hawaii and help you out...

AmberLynn said...

Can't even picture you being a slug! You always make me feel like I should be doing more. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Anonymous said...

You won't be a slug forever

Lindsey said...

Clarification: the microwave wasn't as old as I made it out to be. I really did like the microwave. (I have grown especially fond of it in its absence.)

Thanks for all the pep talks too!