Last night Jason took me out to dinner. The hostess asked how many and I stuttered saying four. FOUR! We are a family of four. Wow.
Four does change the dynamics around our house...more on that later.
Do you know what I love about Noelle? She LOVES to eat out. (LIKE ME!) And because she loves it she is really well-behaved. I also love how adventurous she is. Last night she ate clams and calamari off of Jason's plate.
Jadon just had a milkshake. :)
Now.
How life changes with two kids.
Let me introduce Noelle version 2.0.

Version 2.0 says funny things like, "HEY MOM! Where is the little squirt?" or "Mom, is daddy a hottie hottie?"
However, version 2.0 is also resistant to all forms of punishment. Put her on a chair? Fine. She just sings. Put her in the crib? Fine she will suck her thumb. Take away all of her toys? Fine. She doesn't need them. Take away all of her videos. Fine. But now you have to entertain me.
Version 2.0 is very kind to her brother and gives him kisses and helps throw away diapers.
However, version 2.0 also spits, throws temper tantrums, pretends she is deaf, and runs out into busy streets to see if her mom can tackle her in time.
Version 2.0 is smart. When we are in the car she knows exactly where we are and where we are going. If we go a different way she points it out to us. She is using big words and big sentences....
However, version 2.0 also sometimes needs a translator.
Case in point: "Daddy's a GEEKO! DADDY"S A geeko!"
Means: "Hey dad. There is a gecko in the house and mom is nursing the little squirt and told me to tell you that you should come in and get it. Kapesh?"
In other news. Jadon is a keeper. He has four settings. Sleeping. Trying to wake up. Hungry. And trying to make a poop.
When sleeping he is just cute.
When trying to wake he spends fifteen minutes stretching, scrunching his face, swatting the sky, trying to open his eyes, and then falling back asleep.
When hungry he smacks his lips and whimpers. (Imagine four o'clock in the morning hearing a little whimper and lips smacking. Crying you can ignore. Lip smacking? Oh fine.)
When making a poop. Well. It looks like serious business.

Me.
I'm fine thanks for asking. :) Actually, I am really good! I LOVE not being pregnant. (I know. send the lightening bolts.) I FEEL SO GOOD that I think I look good. Which I don't as evidence by the lady who asked me when I was due. (ARG! I hate it when people do that!)
But, who cares if I still look pregnant. I FEEL GREAT! So if you see me and I look so busty that I could stunt double for Hiedi Montag....:) Or if I look so fleshy in my ill fitting inbetweener clothing that you want to call up "What not to wear"...save the phone dialing and take out your contacts. This is just how it is going to be for a while.
I guess now would be a good time to apologize for all the pregnancy whining. Thanks for enduring all that. I went back and read posts and realized I was a bit of a skipping c.d. (Who says broken record anymore. I mean...unless they own A tracks!)
Jason.
He's a good dad and a great husband. Did I mention he took me out to dinner last night? I like him. A lot. And yes Noelle, he is a hottie hottie. :)
6 comments:
version 2.0 sounds like the package deal :) And only four settings for Jadon? You're doing great!
I love the update. I'm right there with you--I think of pregnancy like school--I'm blessed to have the opportunity but don't much like it. Blech. what's the birth story? Are you just trying to block it out? I LOVE birth stories.
And yay for babies who sleep!
I LOVE reading your posts! They totally make my day AND it also makes me wish I was HALF as witty and talented when I write my blogs. We have yet to make it to your neck of the woods. BUT. Good news! It's officially scheduled for May 9th! We're going to be on Oahu for 3 days and than we're flying over to Kauai! SO...Let's do dinner. We can go out or stay in. What ever is easiest for you but I'd LOVE to come say hi if we can. Let me know!
Cute post! I'm glad he's being such a good baby! I hope he continues to be an angel while you're trying to work out the bugs in version 2.0. :)
What?! Version 2.0! I was totally expecting Eliza to self-govern at the point of delivery for the new baby. I'm pretty disappointed now. Maybe more scared than disappointed though.
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment