Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Utah Trip Part 2: Jackson

"Vacations" are for kids.
"Traveling" is for parents.
Because, a vacation ain't a vacation for a mom.

The day we were supposed to leave (aka let my family have a break from us) for our trip to Jackson, things were going pretty typical. We were late. We couldn't find car keys and cell phones. Noelle was having a meltdown.

We needed to get a family picture before we left (Because Mandi was making an awesome board book for my kids with pictures of them with their dad) so I sat the whole fussy lot down and got this:


Jason was going as a Mountain Man for our trip. (Did he think he needed a costume?)
We all piled into the car to make a "quick" stop at his parents. We got there and discovered Noelle had a 104 degree fever. Awesome.

Soooooooo. We waited a day. Noelle, Jadon, and I sluffed church. Noelle still had a fever, but we were bent on getting our vacation started so we drove to Jackson. We woke up bright and early with my packed agenda in mind. Noelle was so excited to go....but then she tossed her cookies. Sooooooo. We spent the morning watching cartoons in the hotel. (It was raining anyway.) I was starting to see that "vacationing" was a lot of work.

Finally, we made it outside. It was cold. (Jason and I were in HEAVEN!)We walked around and enjoyed all the art galleries. (Ran into your BIL Amberlynn!) Noelle slept in her stroller. It was a dream. OH, have I told you about our stroller?

There is Jadon. Sleeping. Most of the time people didn't even know that he was there. I know I said (while complaining about unpacking) that I didn't want any of my stuff in when I go to heaven. The one exception would be this stroller. Especially if I am going to have kids. This stroller is awesome.

Aparently my camera was on a weird setting.

Ohhhhh. Look at my hottie Mountain man and my funny little girl.

3 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

I LOVE my phil and ted's!!!! Oh, and great color!

Barbie said...

If I could have had your stroller when I had kids you may have had an extra sibling or two!

Unknown said...

Haha, seems to be a popular stroller! We also love our Phil & Teds, which we got just for the upcoming birth of baby #2. I think our model is a little different but awesome just the same. :)