Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yellowstone


This disorganized post is a great comparison to what my house looks like now. :) But hey! It is on its way. I hit the point today that I though, "Maybe we will get it all unpacked!" P.S. I LOVER LOVITY LOVE LOVE A.C. Best invention EVER!

On to our trip highlights...again. :)

Even though I am a pro at navigating the Teton area, I had no idea what to do in Yellowstone, especially with kids. I had a bit (a lot) looser schedule. We ended up spending a day enjoying the Old Faithful Inn. (It is so Harry Potter of the Wild Westish)We also watched Old Faithful, saw the paint pots, followed Buffalo buns for a mile until he got out of the road. (He was so close I could tell he doesn't swish with Listerine!)We stayed at a great hotel that had an indoor pool and huge slide. (Again, little things are big things for kids).

We went for lots of hikes, ate lots of treats in the car, and successfully entertained Noelle in the car for the long drives by animating and ventriloquis-ing her Little Poney's. Noelle loved the animals and the hikes. I loved the rustic view and the time with family, Jason loved the cold weather and ice-cream (at the same time) and Jadon loved his naps.

I had a self-relization on this trip. I don't know if it is genetic, or tied to memories, but mountains, rivers, pine trees etc... are my paradise. Don't get me wrong. I really loved the ocean, the palm trees, the double rainbows. It was exotic. The West sings in harmony with MY soul though. Every breath tasted happier. So when the desk clerks at the hotel entered our zip code (Hawaii's) into the computer and gave us a weird look like, "Why would you come to Wyoming to vacation when you live in Hawaii?" I wanted to say..."If you only knew...."









1 comment:

Barbie said...

Great pictures and a great self-realization about your connection to the high mountain valleys of the west!