I am quite confidant that the internet is vast enough that you did not. Regardless, here I am for an update.
- Jadon, my sweet little nugget is growing and changing too fast. With Noelle I was excited for her to move on to new baby things. Jadon just makes me sad he is growing. I like kissing his face too much. Someday he won't like it and then I'll have to go and have another baby. He is the sweetest little thing except at church, the dr's, grocery shopping, and anywhere else where people could judge me. He likes to do this green eggs and ham wail. It goes something like this: "I don't want you to put me here or there, I want you to carry me everywhere!" He is still a keeper though. Especially for putting up with his sister who likes to smother him with "love".
A couple of weeks ago we picked blackberries. I took down the pics because I couldn't figure out how to size them. We made a whole freezer full of blackberry jam. Wow. It is danger food.
That's not blood. Its sweat and hard work. Or hardly working. Or eating while working. Or something.
This week we picked peaches at a different farm. Compared to picking blueberries, it was a breeze!
Don't ask me how much we spent on peaches. Let's just say that peach picking is my new expensive hobby.
I am quite proud of myself. Jason and I canned 24 quarts of peaches the other night. I've never canned before, but it was fun to give it a try. I also made three peach pies but they were a super fail! They look BEAUTIFUL (aesthetic is usually my problem) but they taste bland. :( I can't even give them away because I don't want the recipient to think I don't like them.
Thats all for today. TWO KIDS are napping at once. I have to go do something productive. (like take a nap myself!)
2 comments:
Did I miss you? Did I miss you!!! The blackberries and peaches make me salivate big time and the Noelle and Jadon pictures make me miss all of you even more. Congrats on your first canning session. It sounds like you and Jason were pro's. As for the pies...I've always liked fresh peach pie more than cooked. Just make a one crust shell, fill it with fresh peaches and sugar and pile on the whipped cream. You could probably boost the taste with orange zest or something. Thanks for giving me something to read for my break today.
wow.
I'm so super duper wow baby impressed.
You move across the ocean, live on a base, and still managed to can peaches already?
I live in CV, 4 minutes from mom, and am trying to not kill my entire garden...
Post a Comment