Thursday, December 9, 2010

Archives

*I just found this. I typed it up to give it to the friends that were taking care of Noelle while I was in the hospital with Jadon. Looking back.....I think I was crazy.


How To Work Model #1.0 Noelle

I don't know who I am writing this for. If by chance you are taking care of Noelle because I am in Labor THANKYOU!!!!!No Seriously Thank you. Both Jason, and I REALLY appreciate it.

Whatever, and however you keep her occupied is A O K. I mainly just wrote this so that if she is speaking like Chewbacca and you don't know what she wants I may have an interpretation on here.

Hopefully whoever has her won't have to have all this information, but its here just for a reference.


We will be delivering at Queens hospital. You can get a room number if you call there. The info Desk is 547-4320. Hopefully they can transfer you.

General Warnings:
• Peanuts: She is allergic to peanuts. Please read all labels before feeding any food to her. If it is even made in the same vicinity of a peanut, just avoid it. Give her a carrot instead. She likes carrots. If she has a reaction that is small follow the dosage on childcare's Benadril. If it is making it hard for her to breath use the Epi pen. (Tupperware in bag). I'm not trying to freak you out so you don't dare feed her anything, I just don't want you to have to deal with a reaction. I haven't had a problem since I found out she was allergic.
• Poop: She is a good little pooper but you have to be patient. The first poop will not be the final poop. Sing the ABC's three times after the second round of poop's. Then tell her the story of the “Three little pigs”. At this point you will probably meet the squirt poop. Sorry. Its better you meet this way than in three minutes when you find Noelle swirling her undies in the toilet because she has “poop stains.” If you EVER see her clutching herself she has to go to the bathroom. But another good rule is just to take her before meals, before naps, and before you give her anything to drink.
• Food: I have some food packed for her, but she really isn't picky...just not always focused. FYI she is a messy eater. If I didn't pack a bib just take off her shirt.

General Routine:
• She usually wakes around seven and then has breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, applesauce, or scrambled eggs. She will eat other stuff but that's what her uber creative mom makes.
• Playtime: Read books, paint, color, go for walks, puzzles, sidewalk chalk. Whatever. She can watch movies the whole time if you let her.
• Snacks: Carrots or string cheese. Almonds. You can give her anything (but peanuts) but that is just what she usually gets.
• Lunch: We usually eat around noon. She likes ham, cheese, noodles, soup, tortilla's, carrots, peppers, yogurt. She will eat anything, but again, that is just what she usually gets because her mom is uber creative.
• Naptime: First take her to the potty! We usually read one or two books. Tell her how many you are going to read or she will con you into reading more. She sleeps with Balu and Henry. All the other animals have to nap elsewhere. She also likes the flimsy purple blanket. (We don't know why either.) She usually doesn't cry. Just tell her she is taking a nap and to “sleep good.” She usually naps around 1:00. If she is at your house just lay her on a couch. (She sleeps in both a crib and a day bed so she shouldn't fall off).
• After nap: Take her to the potty! Then play.
• Dinner: Same as all other meals.
• Bedtime: Don't worry about bathing her unless she is frightfully dirty. She goes to bed at 8:00. Her p.j's are in the dresser by her crib. Her toothbrush is in my bathroom cupboard. We sing songs, say prayers, and then she goes to bed. (Hopefully no one has to do this and Jason can be back to watch her...but just in case. )

If you have any questions please don't be afraid to call. I may not answer :) but Jason probably will. :)


Did I mention....THANK YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I don't think you were crazy...just really prepared in a good way. You listed important details that someone taking care of Noelle would never think to ask about but would want to know.