
You could not, would not, want to miss...
A celebration as fun as this!
Invited you are by special invitation
To join us for a long-distance celebration!
It happens just once for a boy to turn one
And even if you're far you can still help with the fun.
Send us, we ask, your favorite Seuss storybook line
A digital picture in mimic would also be fine.
And then all complied Jadon will be able to look
At these fun things in his first year book!
A celebration as fun as this!
Invited you are by special invitation
To join us for a long-distance celebration!
It happens just once for a boy to turn one
And even if you're far you can still help with the fun.
Send us, we ask, your favorite Seuss storybook line
A digital picture in mimic would also be fine.
And then all complied Jadon will be able to look
At these fun things in his first year book!
Family! Friends! Whoever still reads this blog!!! I had a bit of a conundrum with Jadon turning one. I really like how Hawaiians make a big deal of first birthdays, but with all of our family far far away I couldn't really invite anyone. I considered throwing a party and inviting friends but once I started making a list of people I like the list got longer and longer and longer of my friends, Jason's work friends, neighbors, Noelle's friends....I didn't want to throw a party so big I would have to play hostess and miss out on what is most important--my kid. (Plus people would feel obligated to bring I gift--which he doesn't need, and they would by our friends not his.....)
You may be wondering. "Uh....are you doing this for him--or you?"
Me.
Because HE may not remember it or care, but I think one year of life is pretty important to celebrate. In one year of life Jadon has done a lot of hard things. He has doubled his weight. He's learned to roll, climb, crawl, wave, coo, kiss, smile, play, escape, snuggle....
Have you ever really comprehended the intense amount of STUFF a baby picks up in its first year of life? That my friends, needs celebrating!
So, celebrate we will! even if it has to be long distance.
Whether or not you got a formal invitation you are welcome to play. Send me an email or letter with your favorite line from a Dr Seuss story. If you are extra adventurous you can send a picture of you and your family acting out the scene. I will use the lines to decorate for Jadon's party and to go in his First Year Birthday Book.
Our family is going to be playing games all week long in some Seuss-like fashion or another. I will be posting some of these games online so that you can play with us.
If you got an invitation in the mail your team is your family. If you are an online friend you are welcome to be your own team. Whatever team wins gets a Dr Seuss-package-o-fun. (If needed there will be tie-breakers).
A new game will be posted everyday until his birthday. (April 9)
Thanks for playing with us!
You may be wondering. "Uh....are you doing this for him--or you?"
Me.
Because HE may not remember it or care, but I think one year of life is pretty important to celebrate. In one year of life Jadon has done a lot of hard things. He has doubled his weight. He's learned to roll, climb, crawl, wave, coo, kiss, smile, play, escape, snuggle....
Have you ever really comprehended the intense amount of STUFF a baby picks up in its first year of life? That my friends, needs celebrating!
So, celebrate we will! even if it has to be long distance.
Whether or not you got a formal invitation you are welcome to play. Send me an email or letter with your favorite line from a Dr Seuss story. If you are extra adventurous you can send a picture of you and your family acting out the scene. I will use the lines to decorate for Jadon's party and to go in his First Year Birthday Book.
Our family is going to be playing games all week long in some Seuss-like fashion or another. I will be posting some of these games online so that you can play with us.
If you got an invitation in the mail your team is your family. If you are an online friend you are welcome to be your own team. Whatever team wins gets a Dr Seuss-package-o-fun. (If needed there will be tie-breakers).
A new game will be posted everyday until his birthday. (April 9)
Thanks for playing with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment