Friday, April 8, 2011

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree...

* For new Seuss games, answers, and other stuff scroll down for older posts....


Tomorrow is Jadon's birthday, which means a year ago today I was flipping out, Noelle was throwing up, and Jadon was as content as a little peach pit to just hang.... Its been really fun planning his first birthday party. We have read A LOT of books this week--which is saying something because we read a lot of books every week. I like Dr. Seuss more than ever and have found a lot of stories that I LOVE that I hadn't ever read before.


Our "clover" pinata from Horton Hears a Who. While I like having themed parties, I had to be careful because there are so many ideas out there that I didn't want to invest a lot of time planning, and a lot of money on details that I didn't really need. So I picked things that Noelle and I could work on together while Jadon napped. She had a lot of fun making the pinata and the party hats.

Speaking of Noelle--

She wrote that all by herself and I was so proud of her! We haven't been practicing that long and we hadn't ever put the whole thing together when all of a sudden she ran to me with her whole name written. Granted, she insists that little L's have dots like i's, but I think it is pretty good for a three year old.

We've had some moody march weather. One day it will rain all day and the next it will be just beautiful. The blossoms literally popped open one day after a rain. It is gorgeous here! I don't think I've been in Maryland for a spring before but it is my new favorite season.

Noelle is building a "nest" for the birds. She checks it everyday to see if a bird has left any eggs. One day I am going to have to stick and Easter egg out there for her.

My sweet little boy. Sigh. Why does he have to grow up? He has the most loveable disposition ever. He had so much fun outside and now he pounds on the door so the we will let him out. (Kind of like a puppy which is funny because Noelle calls him puppy and his happy eagerness is kind of puppy-like).

Jadon and his Mogley walk.
Short Story: Our neighbor's house is unoccupied. (Husband deployed and wife abandoned the joint with the dog inside.....grrrrrr) Most of the houses in our neighborhood have daffodils--except mine. (We have landscapers) I was loving the pretty flowers so I snipped a couple early one morning from our neighbors backyard. (They weren't there to enjoy them!!!) Noelle came to me later that day with armfuls of flowers. Apparently she cleaned out the rest of the neighborhood. Oops!

1 comment:

Campbells said...

GREAT JOB NOELLIE!!! I'm so impressed with you writing your name!!!! What a BIG girl!!! (Applause and cheers from the deserts of the West!)

I loved reading she makes bird's nests, as that is something her cousin's LOVE doing too! (Now ours has been snowed on....) :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIRTHDAY BOY! I can't believe the babies of the family are getting so big! He looks absolutely adorable, in a little boyish kind of way. Hugs and Kisses, and Birthday Wishes from an unlikely Winter Wonderland in the West!