Jadon
Jadon just had his one year check-up. He weighs 22 lbs (Really?!? Is that all? Once you factor in kinectic energy from his wiggles its more like 33 lbs. Its kind of like adding humidity into a tempture).
He did a great job at the appointment especially considering Noelle was trying to convince the nurse to let her administer the shots.
The doctor was impressed with his verbal skills: He says "Hi Dad" and "Mamamamamamamamama". I didn't think it was much but she claims the ability to point his finger is a strong indicator of language skills. The doctor got several demonstrations of his "pointing finger" when she was poking around on him and he wanted to tell her to back off.
Unfortanetly she also pointed out he has a serious underbite--although no one is sure if that is a bulldog face he makes or if his jaw is really crooked. She was also a tad concerned that he wasn't walking yet, but when he scaled from a chair, to a desk, to the table, (I couldn't hold all that kinetic energy any longer) she told me she wasn't that worried about it. (Ya think? I'm more worried about it when he does walk!)
Jadon keeps us all laughing. He gets his shoes for us to put on if he wants to go for a walk. He LOVES food. He will at least try everything we give him. (Which much MUCH more than we can say for his sister). Today I gave him a mango pit to suck on while I made dinner and he was in heaven. If I ever eat in front of him and I don't share he has a fit and will point and shout until he gets a bite.
Jadon has always been a little "rough" on whoever is holding him. He pulls hair, earrings, ears, noses.....But, he is so excited about it we have let him. I decided it was time to crack down on him when he took to wacking everyone (very lovingly mind you) on the head with whatever he is holding. He has spent many a post head-wacking episode in his crib and is not at all fazed.
Our biggest trouble with Jadon is actually diaper time. The kid acts like he is being water-boarded every time we lay him down for a diaper change. (And, just in case you didn't know, if you eat a lot of mango's diapers can be an event you need to hold still for....) I remember team penning confused calves while riding an easily spooked horse to be easier than a diaper change with Jadon. To get the job done I either have to hold him upside down by his feet (his choice, not mine) chasing after a naked bum with the wipes, or saddling him with the diaper while he stands and plays with toys.
The thing I love most about my little boy is that he will sneak up to me and give me hugs and kisses. When he lays his head on my shoulder and pats me on the back my heart just turns into soup. Whenver he sees me he acts like a puppy when their owner shows them a ball. We just love our little Jadon boy!
Noelle
Noelle continues to be my devious sweetie pie. She is very good with her brother and they have fun playing together. Jadon loves her so much that if he wakes from his nap first he crawls to her room to see what she is doing.
We often get word about the funny things that Noelle does at church, and we are very grateful that she seems to reserve all of her best behavior for strangers. She loves to get up in front of the primary for talks and prayers and is known for her very long and repetitive (but oh so sincire!) prayers.
She astounds me by knowing answers that I didn't each her. This week she answered the bishops question about our current prophet. (Thomas S. Monson). We have a theory that she knows the prophets as well as she does because of some name sharing. (Thomas the prophet...Thomas the train. Gordon the prophet....Gordon the train.)
She also answered a question about healthy foods for our bodies: "Strawberries, cheese, and hamburgers."
Noelle loves to go outside and play, has a lot of friends in the neighborhood, and is always game to make some more. I love how compassionate she is.
I explained "Earth Day" to her one day on a walk because we saw some trash. She nodded her head (her way of saying Duh!" and told me "Earth day is today because SUNday is tomorrow!"
Noelle and I have had our fair share of power struggles, but she knows that she is my sweetie pie. The other day she told me, "Mom, thanks for washing my clothes." I was in shock. I may never hear that out of her mouth again (that's not typical is it!!!) but I was thrilled to hear it. I also love it when we are playing and she tells me that "I am the best mom EVER!"
We love our kiddos!
2 comments:
What an update! I don't worry about Jadon's walking either...once he walks you will have to put on your jet pack to keep up with him. As for his love of food, it sounds like he is going to need plenty to supply his gas tank so it is good he likes it. Noelle's comments make me laugh. I also think the name recognition with trains is great. Whatever it takes!
so funny. I can't wait for Jadon and Jacob to get together again. I think they could be mischief pals.
Post a Comment