Sunday, November 27, 2011

Does this year make me look old?


My husband is officially old. Honestly, I always thought 30 was old, but then again, I've never been 30. The closer it gets the younger it seems.

Since 30 is a milestone birthday I tried (emphasis tried) to make it a big deal. We went out to dinner (yeah for grandparents who babysit!) the weekend before his actual birthday.

On his real birthday I made Indian food and an ice cream cake roll. (per his request). It tasted good, but you may have noticed...there are no pictures. Lets just say Food Network hasn't called me to offer me a job.

Then, because I company was here, I smushed Jason and Noelle's birthday festivities into one day. We had two almost-there themes going on. The idea behind Jason's birthday was, "Around the world in 30 years." Had we not had loads of Thanksgiving leftovers, I would have served food from all the places we lived. Good thought. Maybe another year.

The highlight, for me, was a pinata that had well-wishes from friends in all the different places we have lived. (Thank you to everyone who sent me one!) It reminded me of how many wonderful people we have met in our travels.

We also played a trivia game that related to the states that Jason has lived in. Did you know it is illegal in Idaho to give someone a box of candy over 50 pounds? Sure nuff. That is the kind of stuff you can't die without knowing.

No comments: