Friday, November 30, 2012

Care-a-lot

This was the picture on Noelle's birthday party invitation. For the last six months she has been very absorbed in the world of Care Bears. About a month before her birthday she switched from the land of caring to the land of kicking. Oh boy. Enter Ninja Turtles. For a while I toyed with trying to combine the two for a birthday party but nothing was really coming together.
Luckily, her Aunt Rachel saved the day and gave her the most thoughtful and awesome gift ever.  Donatello is the most beloved bit of yarn our family has ever seen.
I ordered these cute little toppers online.
We decorated with raindrops and rainbows

For games we used "rainbow sticks" to bop all the raindrops out of Care-a-lot.

Being the super classy mom I am, I hid the kids halloween candy for some balloon pinatas. It went totally NOT as planned.  The kids didn't want to be blindfolded and did not want to pop the balloons.
Thus, the very upset birthday girl.
The kids made rainbow necklaces with fruit loops and candy.
Which was a great idea except that I was really trying not to overload them on candy because I had a healthy lunch for them.
My cute girl ate all the radishes, the rest of the under five ate the olives, and Jason and I ate the rest of the vegtables. Oh well. At least I tried. :)

I hope Noelle felt special on her special day. We love her sweet spunky attitude. She is the cutest care/ninja/five year-old I have ever seen.



2 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

You, my friend are awesome and amazing. What a great party!

Barbie said...

Good job Lindsey. You are a fun mom! (And Noelle is super blessed to have you.)