
Hey! Congratulations to me! I am 16 weeks along! How about a pregnancy update?
This is the first time that we have kids old enough to be excited and understand that our family is changing. We decided it would be fun to wait and find out the gender the old fashioned way. Believe me, it is going to be hardest far me. I think it will be neat for the kids to have something to look forward to. We also are waiting to share names until the birth. Partially because we are undecided, and partially because we just want it to be a surprise. (I'm a type 1 folks. I need me some surprises!)
Nausea? Not bad. I three up every morning during the first trimester. Jadon would come and hang out with me in the bathroom while I drooled over the sink. He would make encouraging hacking noises when I really got down to business. I still get quesey every now and again, oddly enough it usually coincideds with high stress moments or a lot of kiddy whining. I am pretty thankful it isn't as much of a problem this go around.
Sleep: I keep wondering when I am not going to feel so tired. Jason used to tease me about how serious I am about my "curfew" but it keeps getting earlier and earlier and the poor guy probably comes home from work and feels like he is volunteering at the geriatric ward. (A Geriatic ward that allows children to dance on the coffee tables and ride mattresses down the stairs while the old lady snores on the couch).
Jadon's doing his best to break me in for the night feedings. Jason takes him to the bathroom before he goes to bed, but Jadon still comes into our room at least once a night to tell us he is "ready to eat." I don't know about that kid and his metabolism.
Excercise: Being pregnant in the winter has some great advantages. (I'm not hot all the time! That counts for a lot!) As far as excercise goes.....blah. Did I mention I was tired? I have been doing zumba a couple of times a week and I try to really make myself work hard because I know it might be the only active thing that I do. I've gone snow shoeing a couple of times and I LOVED it! I have also started choreographing some basic dance/pilates/stretch stuff that I plan on adding a couple of measures to each day. It is thereputic. Nothing near the activity level I have during the summer, but something about this pregnancy requires more "stillness" from me than usual.
Weight gain: I hate talking about this, but I am trying to have a realistic and healthy attitude which requires honestly and lots of daily positive affirmations. It seems that I carry all my weight gain in my thighs. AWESOME! I finally told my friends at zumba that I was expecting and they seemed genuinely surprised until this week when a few even had really obvious reactions when they saw my bopping belly in the mirror. I've gained about ten pounds already which is pretty typical for me. (Can anyone really claim good statitistics when their test group is all of 3? Ha!)
Cravings: For a couple of weeks I tried to convince Jason that I was having sushi cravings. Really, I just wanted some. Then I ate some--with lots of wasabi and ginger. I don't want anymore sushi. Turns out wasabi on the way out (Riding the way of the naso-lacramal duct) is not a fun experience.
I don't really crave anything, but some foods taste more satisfing than usual. Lately I love: baked potatoes, cottage cheese, and anything that I don't have to cook.
About that-- My cooking mojo is totally gone. I've more disasterous recipes in the last coule of months than I have my whole life. I used to really enjoy cooking, but lately the simplier the food the better.
The kids: Noelle brings up the baby for two reasons. First, to work her agenda about the baby's name. She is really annoyed that Jason isn't budging. We've told her what names to expect and she thinks our boy name sound too much like a vegtable. (That is a clue, if you can figure it out.) If the baby is a girl she wants to name it April. If it is a boy she wants it to be Leo or Donny. Perosnally, I like them both, but her Dad is harder to convince.
She is also concerned that when we have the baby she won't EVER get to sit on my lap, because Jadon already dominates it quite a bit. I'm doing my best to let her sit on my lap and give her extra attention. I also reassure her that the baby will want to sit on HER lap, which she seems to like.
Jadon. Well, Jadon thinks he took the baby out of my belly and put it in his. I don't think he really gets it yet.
That is about it for now!
4 comments:
A vegetable huh? Carroish? Cornip? Beecoli? Strawmato? Rhudish? Lettich? Potatillo? Kaleflower? Am I close?! Congrats on making it this far with a good attitude!
This feels like an episode from Rumple Stiltskien. "NO! NO! Wrong again! That is not his name!"
We had it for lunch today and Noelle didn't and Jadon weren't much fans.
Also that gives me some other names:
Carrot--Garret?
Rhubarb--Rudy?
Kale--Kael?
Broccili--Brock?
My first thought was Kael because we have had people say he was named after a vegetable. Nope, not why we did it. I loved that it was so unique and that I didn't know any other Kaels. Now they seem to be popping up everywhere!
Way to go an the exercise! I'm not expecting and I pretty much just try and keep the house running. Winter is so hard for me to get out! As far as the morning sickness goes, I'm always impressed that people like you have more than one kid when you get that sick! I've never thrown up from morning sickness, but Mark has to listen to me complain anyway. I eat lots of chocolate milk and toasted bagels with LOTS of butter, stuff I don't eat normally. Almost always makes me feel better! :)
I eat more chocolate milk and toast as well AmberLynn! That is interesting.
Post a Comment