Passing on food traditions to my kids is like passing along a used kleenex. They are never very interested. (How could I have birthed picky eaters? Did an astroid block the rays of of the sun during their conception? Did I mistreat a Jamacian witch woman? Did they get their taste "bugs" from Walmart!?!?!)
Since I am expecting (July 12 folks) I have been eating protien with passion for breakfast every day and wanting some variety I made myself a humpty dumpty. The kids saw me eat it and wanted one!!!! BOOYAH!
I decided to take it to a whole extra level and let them draw faces on the eggs. We then said the nursery rhyme as we thumped the poor egg in the face with a spoon. Jadon went crazy with glee when I pretended to sob while I scouped the egg into a bowl and monologued, "And couldn't put humpty together again...."
Guess what the number one request for breakfast has been as of late?
Chips.
Guess what the second most requested breakfast item has been?
Humpty Dumpty.
Try it. Thank me with sushi.
Love,
Lindsey
2 comments:
it's been far too long since I've had a Humty DUmpty. Maybe I should try it with chips :)
I haven't had a Humpty Dumpty for awhile either...it sounds good...and sounds even better if I can draw a face on the egg before he falls off the wall! Keep it up, one day your kids will shock you with their requests for sushi and the like.
Post a Comment