Friday, March 29, 2013

Preschool Graduation

All good things must come to an end--such as craft supplies, the extra painty finger-prints in my bathroom, and the glitter. The glitter must also come to an end.

This has been an awesome year of preschool. I am so grateful for the awesome mothers that I worked with. Our kids got to do some pretty amazing things and I am really pleased with how much they learned. Our focus was with the older kids, but I am really kind of shocked at how much our younger group gleaned from the experience. One of the luxuries of teaching our own preschool is the ability to absolve it in a moment of spring fever. After a couple of warms days we realized the kids were done sitting, tracing, cutting, and learning in our "school" setting. It is time for gardening, hikes, park hopping, and otherwise seeking adventure.


Jj

We whipped up our graduation night quickly. The kids made invitations and decorations and each prepared a talent to share with siblings and parents who came to our talent show. You never know what you are going to get when kids help "plan" an event.

I made graduation hats for the kids. We used the stage in Kristy's basement that is pretty much just the cooliest thing a parent can have rigged up in their basement. Julie and her daughter designed diplomas for each child.


Noelle's talent was being a Number Ninja. (Think the game fruit ninja). I showed her numbers and she HA YAHED, struck a pose, and told me what number it was.

Jadon sang, "Little bunny Foo Foo." We think.

Other talents included poems, story telling, and other meladramtics. The kids also sang "Nephi's Courage" and demonstrated that they could count to 100.

After the talent show we watched a video of the year. I can't wait to figure out how to put it on the blog so that I can show all the things they did. I am so proud of my little preschoolers!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

It sounds like a great preschool year for the kids and Moms! Good job! (I also really like the talent part.)(