Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Noelle affectionately calls Jadon, "You little Knuckle Head." She has probably, most-likely, never heard her parents say such a thing and probably, most-likely, made that up all by herself.

Today, between dance class, and getting on the school bus, I sent Noelle outside with a plate to eat her lunch. She turned to Jadon and said, "Come on you little knuckle head." and he followed her like a puppy outside where they sat under a tree to eat lunch and wait for the bus.

Sydy and I hung out inside, watching from the window. One minute I was thinking about my to-do list, and the next minute I was really looking at my kids and it was like someone took three big breaths and blew some helium into my heart.

Noelle was on her belly her legs bent and swaying behind her. She was telling Jadon something interesting, because he was listening and occasionally laughing.

It occurred to me that they really are each others best friends. Sometimes, to be truthful, its hard to see where one ends and the other starts. They live in a world that I don't visit often, one where ninja's and Carebears, and My little Poney's get on pirate ships and have Luaus. Its a pretty fun world, but I'm glad they get to navigate it together.





No comments: