You know your a parent when you have pretty much forgotten all your bad dating stories and instead you share bad babysitting stories. Seriously. When are these little people old enough just to leave by themselves? (LOVE THEM. just hate shopping with them).
Today a gal in our ward called BEGGING to babysit so she could earn money to buy her siblings Christmas presents. (Noble deed right?)
I came up with some errands I could run (which I could have easily done with the kids) and got ready to go. Sydney was so upset that I decided just to bring her so that the kids could have fun with the babysitter.
Now I will give you the report Noelle gave me later that day:
"Did you have fun with the babysitter?"
"Actually, it wasn't fun at the beginning. She wanted to watch Arrow and Arrow is scary."
"She wanted to watch Arrow while you were there in the room!" (A show that would give me nightmares...and put Noelle at the foot of our bed for weeks).
"Well, no, that is why she sent us to our room to play with playdough."
"Wait. You played with playdough in your room!"
"No I didn't. I played with my toys. Jadon played with playdough."
I don't remember if the rest of the conversation ever happened or if I was seeing spots and feeling a pounding in my head that made me incapable of speaking. After checking the room I confirmed that what had been reported had indeed happened.
The babysitter invited them to come and play around when I was due home.
In conclusion: I am not excited to talk to our babysitter and her mother about this experience. I hate confrontation and weirdness and this is going to make it weird. I am also going to make life a bit harder for babysitters. No movies. Period. These gals are going to work for their money. I'm feeling angry enough I will probalby cancel netflix because I am THAT mad that a show like that was being watched while my kids are awake. Oie.
"
No comments:
Post a Comment