Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Letter from an Author

I was cleaning out my email today and I found this letter that I wrote to Shannon Hale, one of my favorite authors. I don't really have a reason to keep the email, but I also didn't want to delete it, because I think its really great that she wrote me back. (By the way, if you haven't read one of her books you need to!)
Anyway, to find balance again in the universe (or order or whatever you want to call it) I deleted the email but I am posting it here so that it can forever live on in cyber history. :)


On Feb 6, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Lindsey Maughan wrote:

Shannon,
I know you probably get way too many emails to handle, but I just want to let you know how much I love your books.
I work at a Borders in Ames, IA so I get a lot of opportunities to read. I read your first couple of books last summer and hadn't realized that you had more. "A book of a thousand Days" is my new favorite and I recommend it to everyone.
I love your voice, I love your stories, and I love the language you use. I am going to go back and read your books again so that I can highlight your descriptive language. I love nature too, and I miss the times that I spent outdoors so your stories just really resonate with me. (I have always felt this connection with nature....no powers to talk to animals yet....)
Anyway, keep writing good books and I will keep recommending them. I would love to see sales increase of your books in the store I work at. (Maybe then you will put our store in your tour of book signings!)

Thanks for sharing your talents!
Lindsey Maughan

Her response:
Wow, thanks so much, Lindsey! don't give up on that animal speaking yet--I haven't...And be sure to contact my publisher about touring to your area. They decide where I go and in part it's determined by who's been asking.
sh.

Ok, so her email to me was really short, but at least she wrote!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Lindsey!!!! I love your blog and can't wait to stay updated now with each other. I don't know if you ever got the email I sent you a while ago--wondering if you had a blog too...so I'm just so excited that you do. Your angel Noelle is just beautiful! Aren't lil girls the best?! Tell Jason hi. Love ya:)