Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home Sweat Home




Yes mom, I did mean to write Sweat. Whew! It is good to be home but I need another vacation just from trying to unpack and catch up on all the stuff I haven't been doing for a week.
I know I haven't written for a while so let me give you a couple of brief details about my trip leaving off when I last wrote
* Becky's wedding! I am so happy for her! She looked beautiful and happy. It was worth flying out to Utah. It was also awesome to see the rest of my Corbridge cousins and aunts. I love them all. (Especially my favorite Aunt Sophia who gave Noelle a cute jacket that I can't wait for her to wear! Thanks Aunt Sophia!!!)
* Krusi family hollow dinner and Papa's birthday. Thanks Papa for making the best deviled eggs ever!
* Dinner with the Maughan's. (Ok I totally had dinner at two places. I admit it. I'm like the stove top commercial. :) Ethan brought home the best halibut ever from Alaska. Thanks Maughan family for the good food and being patient with my grouchy kid!
* A full day with just me and my mom. I loved seeing her yard. I think someday people are going to pay to come and see it like they do at Mount Vernen. I have always appreciated it, but now I realize how much it contributes to the peace that is was in the home growing up. Thanks mom for the great day.
* A surprisingly good flight home...I wasn't looking forward to the flight home because I had more luggage and Noelle was feeling better but still grouchier than usual. My mom must have been praying because my Dad's cousin's husband (hows that for relatives) saw me and helped me carry my bags. The stewardesses were way more accomadating, and people next to me were actually really helpful. (The guy next to me wanted to give Jason a job which made me feel kind of guilty because I totally lied about what he does for a living. It made me feel like the time I went to the BYU job fair on Jason's request to check out places DOD and FBI. I acted like I had the credentials Jason had were the ones that I had. Needless to say I am a really bad liar because in the end I confessed to the FBI. Surprisingly they said sometimes they hire dance majors...)
* Got to see my way cute husband who I missed so much and learned to appreciate even more!!!

Noelle took a huge sigh of relief when we got home. The whole visit she just wasn't acting like herself. I haven't gotten much accomplished today because I have just been enjoying her laughing, growling like a dinosaur, and not crying every time I am not holding her. I think it was just a little traumatic for her to be somewhere new, with a whole bunch of new people, while she wasn't feeling well.

Oh! Did I say that I cut my hair? Here is the before and after pics. (And some with Brooke just because we are cute sisters :)
Long


Short


Brooke and Lindsey

8 comments:

Shilae said...

Cuuuuuuute! I want my hair EXACTLY like that for fall. I like it dark too, very autumn/east coast. :)

BertnBurb said...

I love the color and cut. It is VERY CUTE!!!! It is probably a lot faster to dry now. :)

Love ya,
Karen

Brooke Snow said...

Personally, I think its funny that everyone thinks you got your hair colored! That goes to show the difference that lighting in pictures, and editing in pictures can make~ But Hey! You do look way cute and whoever took the pictures did a super job;)

Lindsey said...

Well, it is darker because all the blond highlights were cut out. I am longer a blond...how about that!
Where are my keys? My temple recommend? Darn it!

Boyd said...

Linds, I'm so sorry I didn't call you, we've been crazy busy while we were in Utah, it went by too fast, feels like I barely got to see my fam....
I love the pics of you, your new hair cut, your little girl, they are beautiful!

Krystal said...

Love the haircut!:)

Lindsey said...

Becky-I had the same problem. PS you need to add me to your blog so that I can read it. Thanks!

Jen Jarrett said...

WOW!!!!!!!! I love the new haircut so much! You look so cute either way! It sounds like you had a good vacation. Except being only a mile away from me and we didn't see each other! ugh! I was probably on bed rest though... lol

But I love the hair!