Friday, August 15, 2008

Not as planned

Perhaps it would do me good to not set such ambitious expectations when I travel with an 8 month old. I guess I was just really excited to show off my cute kid and since she has been sick the entire time our trip has not really gone as planned. I'm exhausted from not really getting any sleep for the last three nights and then trying to run full speed during the day. I am pretty sure my parents are ready for their quiet house again because we have been quite a handful. Here are our ups and downs so far....

-I hour before our 5 hour plane ride I decided to take Noelle's temp. It was way high but I figured the termometer had to be off....it wasn't
-5 hour plane ride with a kid with a fever of 103+
-Got of the plane to smiling parents. Noelle took one look and started crying. I barked orders to get my bags and get me out of there. (My poor patient parents!)
-Spent a very restless night with a very sad kid.
-Woke up early to have a batchlerette Party with my cousin Becky. We had a Mary Kay facial and then Brooke took some Bridal pictures. (Go to Brooke's blog to see the slideshow....Becky looks BEAUTIFUL!)
-Chopped my hair off (I don't like it yet, but I maybe will someday) This will be the third time donating to Locks of Love. I am a hair growing machine!
-Came home and worked on Becky's shower while tending to a very sad very sick kid.
-Becky's Shower.
-Another long and restless night.
-Threw all plans out the window and let Noelle sleep all day long.
-Broke my phone on the way to buy a charger for it since the battery died. If you have tried to call and haven't been able to reach me....that is why.
-Yummy dinner at El Torro's! (I would eat there every day I am here if I could!)
-Fun visit with Jason's family. I beat George at Mario Cart twice, but he will deny it. :)
-Spent 15 minutes trying to fill my parents car with gas before I figured out how to get the darn gas cap off. (Aparently blond highlights do permanent damage because even without my blong hair I am about as quick as roadkill!)
-A slightly less restless, but very short night sleep.
-Got up at 5 to drive to Provo for Brooke's graduation.
-Hauled Noelle, a diaper bag, and a huge camera up to campus twice. Made it through 5 minutes of the ceremony. Noticed a funny aroma from my child. Made a mad dash for a bathroom only to discover that the Fine Arts building is too fancy for changing tables.
-Tried changing a diaper in the hallway. Uh yea. Noelle had poop in running down her leg, ,up her shirt, in her hair, and somehow onto a jacket she wasn't even wearing. Noelle decided to floor wasn't a fun place to get changed so she rolled smearing poop all over the floor, on my skirt, and all up my leg.
-discovered I had three wipes. Great.
-Used 6 diapers to sop up the two of us. (I will never sit on a public floor again!) Chased down a cleaning lady for a garbage bag for Noelle's poopy outfit. Carried a naked baby (who still had remenents of poop on her because I ran out of wipes and diapers don't clean that well) acrross campas, while holding a heavy diaper bag, a huge camera, wearing heels, trying not to get poop on my white shirt. (PS it was a mile at least to the car)
-decided the ceremony was overated and stayed in the car.
-photo's, more photo's, Bean life musuem, sat on a public toliet to feed my not so happy child....ew....yummy lunch at Guru's. Saw my sister's really cute apartment. Listened to her REALLY GOOD composition. (I liked it a lot. Noelle didn't, but I did). Sang songs to Noelle the whole way home because she cried the WHOLE WAY HOME.
-Put in her in the bath and VOILA. Happy Noelley. ?@?@?@ I guess she doesn't like BYU? :(
-ITs only 7:00 and I think I am going to go to bed. Whew!
-

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow! I totally feel your pain. As great as it is to be with family, I bet you can't wait to get your lil one back in her own bed and regular routine. I hope the return is easier than the arrival:)
By the way, if you are gonna be around Provo for a while, let me know!:)

Lindsey said...

Who would like Provo, when you could be living in Cache Valley?

Lindsey said...

Oh, I forgot...That previous comment wasn't from Lindsey. Let's just say she has a hard time admitting when I'm right about some things.

Shilae said...

Wow, that sounded ROUGH. I probably would have been in tears--that's usually my reaction to extreme frustration. And poor, sick little Noelle. I hope the rest of your stay is accident free!

Lindsey said...

T You need to stop posting on my blog pretending to be me! :) yellowbluebus anyway

Benjamin said...

Lindsey - were you in Logan the same time as us? Katie and I were out there from Aug 8 - Aug 14. Crazy how we keep missing each other as we move from state to state... Iowa, Utah... etc. ;-)