
I know people mean well, but I often hear comments on how good Noelle is as a baby. I always agree, but then they say, "Just you wait until she grows up" or "Your next one will be a beast."
Gee. What do you say to that. People...I don't need you to unveil my ignorance because its bliss. I love being a mom. I am willing to admit that I probably got an easy first child because I am not as tough and needed more help. But, I'm not dumb enough to not appreciate it. I used to have this formula of things that made me happy. Plenty of sleep, enough to eat, music, dance, exercise,...I'm good. Now its Noelle and Jason. Its baby food and bath time. Its silly shrieks when we dance. Its reading such a good book you have to eat it. Its funny faces when we try a new food. Its falling asleep in my arms. Its gurgling chatting and sighing in a language I haven't learned yet.
I know I have a lot of "being a mom" ahead of me. Save your breath about telling me the woes. I'll get there.
Today I am going to enjoy that my whole world fits in my arms.
4 comments:
Good point schwest! I hate it when people did that to me when I got married. When we were at the Corbridge reunion a few weeks ago, Ben and I were all happy with each other (like we always are) and a family member said, "yah...you're still in the newly wed stage. Just wait a while longer".) There's a Saturday Night Live skit you should watch called "Debbie Downer". Look it up on YouTube. It's pretty funny, and she represents that person who says the things that you're talking about;)
I'm so glad that you're having so much fun being a mom! With your attitude you will always find joy in being a mother. I know that I love being your mom...and I always have!
You didn't just get a good kid....Noelle got a great mom!
couldn't have said it better myself Lindsey!
Post a Comment