Monday, September 22, 2008

Going on a Treasure Hunt...and other stuff

First, our weekend in pictures....

Noelle watching Jason working

Cute hired hand working on bookcases

mom's walk/garage sale buddy


Going on a Treasure Hunt!!!
The GPS led us here:

We got clues from this plane:



And this plane:

We ended up here: Jason disappeared for 20 minutes in the brush. I thought about calling CSI. He scared up some deer, and then came and got us. He made me walk around with the GPS for 15 minutes. I declared geocaching an adult version of Where's Waldo. Finally found geocache. Left a necklace, took a bumper sticker. Noelle thought it was hilarous. So hilarous she fell asleep in the car out of sheer excitement/exhaustion.

(Pictures do not show previous geocache attempted. After walking down a busy highway, scavenging through junk and debris I questioned my husband on his sanity and methodical nature. Later that night he explained his thinking, "I am a man, a Maughan, and an engineer." Yes Jason. Yes you are. Yes you are.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

Hi Lindsey,

It is always fun to see your pictures after talking to you on the phone. Noelle is looking like she has many more teeth! I'll have to ask Dad if he recognizes the GPS. Your pictures make it look like a fun place to go on a treasure hunt to. Also, it is always nice to see a picture of you to! Love, Mom

Campbells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Campbells said...

OH! I'm jealous!! I have wanted to go Geocache hunting for over a month now--all we have to do is get our GPS back! I can't wait to try, there are a few in our area and I want to go! (Did I mention I want to give it a try?) I'm registered and everything! Way cute pics! Keep snappin'!
-Mandi

PS previous deleted when I tried to edit it and put my name at the bottom. Ooops, sorry!

Brooke Snow said...

A very engineer thing to want to do! We were invited to do that a few months ago with a couple in our ward, but didn't go--Ben wants to try it out though!