
I stole this from Heidi Kjar's blog. I read it a couple of weeks ago, related to it, and tried to write it in my own words but she seemed to do a better job...
my soap box....take it or leave it:)
"Blogging or what I like to call "Blagging" (a mix of blogging and bragging) has been so much fun for me. But I remember before I started blogging- I had looked at others blogs and sometimes I felt like their lives were so PERFECT on their blog and I wondered why my life hadn't turned out so perfect! I hesitated to start a blog b/c I didn't want to be a part of it if that was what it was about; I didn't want to feel like it was a "competition" to see who has the best blog and who has the best life.
Well, I was snooping on someone else blog tonight and found the below statement which made me stop and think:
A good friend of mine said that she just feels like a loser after reading some of her friend's blogs. That really isn't what it is about is it? Some people do it right and it is about things that make them think. Others like to share or BRAG, shall we say, or possibly enhance their lives and stories. If that is their therapy, so be it. But I hope that things I write about will never make others sad, jealous, envious, mad or any of the other dwarfs that seem to get us all down!"
Anyway, this post is dedicated to keeping it real. Call it "Keeping it Real" day if you must. In honor of my self proclaimed holiday I am spelling out my quirks for the all to see. I haven't ever tagged anyone before, but in as it is a special occasion. Shilae, Monique, Joanie, Brittney and Becky you are all tagged!
Here we go:
Quirk 1. I am practically narcoleptic and I have always been. I can fall asleep in a a conversation,and I have enough practice faking "awakeness" while dozing that I can carry on a conversation. I will respond to questions and talk, its just not going to make much sense. I know that this quirk drives my husband crazy, but I lovingly remind him that he knew this quirk when he married me. The real problem, that even frustrates me, is that I cannot pray if I am too tired. The minute that I assume the position (kneeling is the worst) the lights in my brain literally go out. Obviously this make things awkward when I have to pray out loud. Apparently I have prayed for "people to travel in safety" Who knows who those "people" were. (Jason sarcastically tells me that "people" should be really thankful that I pray for them.) I have also prayed for "my supervisors and boss" when I was not employed anywhere. (When Jason teased me about this I teased him back telling him that "boss" was a code word for him!) So uhhh. Now that you know this about me please don't ask me to drive at night because as you can see I am not the safest person to have behind the wheel.
Quirk 2. I cannot follow a recipe. I never set out to change the recipe's that I am attempting to follow, I just have a very "whimsical" approach to cooking. I guess this reveals that I just have a hard time following rules in general, but in cooking its more forgivable. Has anyone heard of a cooking Tourret syndrome? Well I have it. Most of the time things turn out good, but those that don't I just chalk it up to experience. Hey! At least Jason doesn't complain about repetitive meals at our house. Half the time I couldn't recreate my creations if I tried!
Quirk 3. I hate wearing socks. I will try to go as long as I can into winter months without wearing them. Don't even get me started on nylons. I could start a feminist movement on my own about nylons. I even begged my mission president to let me go just one day (in the very humid months) without nylons. He said no. But, his wife said "Go for it. Just don't tell the mission President." :)
Quirk 4. I hate this quirk. Grrrrr. I can't wait for the resurrection. Quirk number four is that I am nearly deaf in one ear. I have a stigmatism but I loose glasses and can't wear contacts. To top it off I am very forgetful. So essentially I am deaf, blind, and dumb. When I worked at Borders my coworkers learned that they would have to say, "goodbye" to me at least three times before I finally made it out the door. First because I didn't see them, second because I didn't hear them, and third because I had to go back to my office to fine my keys/phone/purse/lunch bag/book.
Quirk 5. Some people are perfectionist and proud to be so. Good for them. I admire perfectionist qualities and think they should be employed as doctors, engineers, and accountants. I, on the other hand, am proud to be....let me use my word again "whimsical." If I finish a craft, say a homemade card, that has a crooked edge I will still send it. With love. Imperfection just doesn't get under my skin like it does others. In fact, I rather enjoy imperfection. My hair is never perfect, my outfits are rarely coordinated, and though my house stays relatively "tidy" it is never ever perfect. I guess this trait grew the more I got into modern dance. I love haphazard creating and how beautiful things can come out of sometimes obscure thought. I like living "in the moment" and enjoying things how they are without changing them. I look back at my wedding day and I wouldn't change a single thing, though I know most brides are crazy about the details, wanting it to be perfect. I loved my "wild" looking flowers. I loved my cake that was decorated spur of the moment by a guest. I guess I just feel things will work out. You just have to trust that.
Quirk 6. I have a phobia of calling people. If I have to call someone it takes me all day to work up the courage. I go through a mental list of reasons why calling them might bother them: they are sleeping/eating/cooking/FHE/putting a child to sleep/spending quality one on one time with someone. And since no one has the same schedule most times are likely a bad time to call....so I just don't. I confess this so all people who get a phone call from me know how much I really like you to go through a full day of stressing just to dial your number and push send! I am probably the only person in the world who loves answering machines! I have a short list of people I can call without worrying. 1. Jason 2. My mom/dad 3. Brooke. In my category two list (those that I will delay calling momentarily but get over quickly) are 1. Teresa 2. Mandy and 3. This spot is supposed to be for Nickolee. :( But as I haven't called her I am going to have to move her to category three. :((( Double sad. NICKOLEE I MISS YOU! and GHENT! and Rob.....not Hoot. :)
Happy "keeping it real day!"
Quirk 7. At the last minute I decided to add one more quirk. I can't spell. Did you notice?
2 comments:
I like all your quirks! That's what makes you zippy and funny! I also like the idea of "keeping it real". I hope I'm not a blagger...please let me know if I am.
Definitely keeping it real. I'm all about that. Sorry about forgetting to visit teach you today. :P Yes, I just forgot, no gory car accident with severed limbs.
Post a Comment