Monday, September 15, 2008

Renaissance Faire



I was always somewhat sympathetic to the "Quill and the Sword" club at BYU, but now if I could go back I would probably join them!
Saturday Jason took Noelle and I to the Renaissance Faire. From the minute we pulled into the huge field full of cars I was clapping my hands, laughing, and snapping pictures. I love far-out people! Most people attending dressed up in Renaissance garb, and as it was Scottish weekend we also saw a lot of people in kilts. Unfortunately that also means there were a lot of women trying to fit into corsets that were three sizes too small...But all this made the ambiance of the faire even more realistic.
The faire was in a beautiful locational, there was fun foods to try, and they had awesome shows. We watched a sword swallower (who also swallowed a cigarette and then made smoke rings) a ten pin juggling act, mimes, jousting, archery etc....
The only downside to the whole weekend was that it was really hot. I probably would have stayed a lot longer but Noelle and I thought our faces were going to melt off!

No comments: