


I am going to my sister's photo school. (See links in blog list). I never turned in my first assignment and she is already on lesson two! (I'll get that one done this week Brooke!) I have a "new to me" camera and I am still getting used to it. This weekend I took a lot of pictures and...lets just say it was a learning experience. Here is what I learned. (Oh, and Brooke you can look at my pictures from the Faire and tell me how I did...be gentle).
1. Fortunately when you have a nice camera people expect you to take their picture and will pose for you. People also don't mind as much when you run to the front of a show, squat in front of them and take pictures of the act. That is nice. That didn't happen with Jason's little digital.
2. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I always positioned myself well. I need to be more assertive! I should try more angles and check my pictures more often.
3. The light changes a lot. Even when you stay in one place.
4. Dapples. Grrrrrrrrr.
5. There are never any good pictures of the photographer. (I didn't realize I didn't have pictures of me until the way out. After spending forever straightening my hair, then spending five hours in a sauna I looked like a q-tip!)
6. The obvious picture isn't always the most interesting picture to take. (Like I could have taken pictures of the audiences reactions to the sword swallower. Or, instead of taking pictures of the food on display I could have taken pictures of things like the little kid devouring the huge turkey leg.
7. I need to learn more about my shutter speed and how to change my focus!
8. I need to be more patient and proactive in getting the right picture. Sometimes I would see cool things, but if I would wait until someone moved in/out of the picture, waited for a reaction, etc...it could have been better.
Okay Brooke. I am ready for the grade!
P.S. The Faire will be going on the week you come out...Only catch. Next time I go everyone coming with me is dressing up. :)
Oh...here is a preview for my next assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment