Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This is what I am doing

This is the life cycle of the Mormon Woman. You are born, you grow up, go on a mission(maybe), fall in love (reverse order sometimes) get married and then BAM! Suddenly you are supposed to be an expert on genealogy, food storage, and teaching 3 year olds the gospel. I've been married two years and I still am not an expert on genealogy, nor do I have a food supply. I am working on the teaching of the three year olds but things aren't looking too good for my progress. I mean I have used the "I don't know what I am doing" and "We move too much" and "I am too busy" lines a little bit too long. So tomorrow Jason is going to the cannery with a buddy. (Yes, my husband and his friend are doing our food storage. This is the same husband who had Tupperware in HIS dowry and got a wheat grinder for graduation. I definitely married up didn't I! Oh...PS He wanted me to add that he is starting the "Save Jason's masculinity fund." Feel free to donate. However, I will probably just use it for my food storage.)
Anyway, I found this and it was helpful. I got it from this website: http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/babysteps/step-3-three-months-of-normal-food/


Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a lot of wheat. Wish me luck in storing it. (Anyone know how to make a coffee...er...hot chocolate table out of cannery cans?

3 comments:

Boyd said...

hey, i've been doing it for 6 years... and we are soooo far behin on the food storage thing that i couldn't find anything in the cupboards that would go together, to make for dinner tonight, so we had pancakes and french toast.....

Sophia C. said...

Lindsey, I'm laughing at your table comment because for the first ten years of our marraige, we stored wheat in the living room as an end table. Six five gallon buckets, three stacks of two with a plywood circle cut as the table top and a homesewn tablecloth. I was so proud of that table! Oy, you brought back some memories!

LYB!
Aunt Sophia

Jill said...

good for you!! i'm going on oct. 22nd at noon if you want to find a sitter and come with me :) then you can get oatmeal or milk to go with all that wheat.