Dear Delta,
Thank you for sending us two courtesy emails and phone calls telling us about the five hour delay of our plane. Thank you for failing to mention in any of these that even though you called...and emailed...our home phone...you still wanted us to be at the airport. Thank you for hiring Cronk to be the one to tell us that even though the plane was still on the ground (and would be for another two hours) that us, and the dozen other people in line with us could not get on the plane because security had left.
So now, instead of hearing Basil sing "Feliz Naughty Dod"
Instead of hearing Brooke say, "Merry Christmas Charlie" a hundred times...each being equally funny
Instead of eating Papa's yummy ham and funeral potatoes
Instead of Finally being the first to get to hit the pinata (Noelle would have been the youngest)
Instead of getting to unwrap the red lacy Double D white elephant
I will be pondering my entitlement issues
Using my food storage to make two days worth of meals
And trying not to unpack everything just to repack it.
Merry Christmas Cronk
6 comments:
I guess it did get worse. I'm sorry. I've never had much luck with Delta. But then, I'm not a big fan of flying because the customer service is so bad. So, are you getting to leave before Christmas?
Keep us posted! We'll pray that you get to leave, have a good flight, and have fun with the fam!
that is a bummer about your flight :( hope everything works out and you guys have a great christmas and hopefully you guys make it to utah so we can still get together!
oh, that's sad... i hope you get there by Christmas. I'm sure you will :)
Love, D.
lindsey, i told russ yesterday that the sparkle was out of your eyes at church- i wondered if you were okay. he shrugged it off, said you were fine when he was helping fold chairs up after nursery...
i've missed SO much of your blog i had to click the OLDER POSTS link (such a rotten friend), i thought at first the absence of sparkle was due to the doghouse post and the frustrated christmas list. this makes so much more sense :( i'm so sorry!
want to come over for dinner? not kidding, genuine evite! tell me what time, and we'll be ready!
Schwest... so sorry. When I called home yesterday and mom told me what happened I wanted to cry! We're praying you can get out today! The Krusi party had some golden moments that Ben and I would be happy to impersonate for you... but we really really missed you! WE HOPE HOPE HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment