
I've been asked for my granola recipe. Here it is. I have also posted it on my cooking blog. (Don't get too excited. I am not the Pioneer Woman. I just get recipes from cookbooks that I have checked out at the library so I have to write the recipes somewhere that I can't loose them.) You can find the blog in my blog list under "Cream of Candied Anarchy." It just so happens to spell out Coca. I know. That's not good at all. It was an accident. Other than the acronym the name is cool...right? Ok, it seemed creative at the time.
I have a confession. I don't like cereal. Ok, so I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I don't think it would be very healthy to make that a daily occurrence. I used to eat granola that we bought until my husband pointed out there is hydrogenated oil and other not so great for you science experiments in it. Luckily homemade granola really isn't that hard. Technically you shouldn't use quick oats, but I did and I liked it. (My granola turned out tasting like a soft granola bar). The best part is that you can throw really whatever you want in it and make it different every time.
2 cups oats
2 TB brown sugar
1 TB vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup maple syrup
3 TB vegetable oil
1 TB water
1 TB orange zest
1 Cup nuts/fruit/shredded coconut
In a sauce pan mix maple syrup, vanilla extract, oil, water, salt, and brown sugar until just before boiling. Meanwhile in a big mixing bowl mix oats and your chosen ingredients. (I chose sunflower seeds, raisins, dried mango, and coconut flakes). Pour warm mixture over oats and stir. Add orange zest. (That isreally the secret ingredient!)
Spread mixture on a cookie sheet so that it will bake evenly. Bake at 275 for 30 minutes. Let cool. Serve over yogurt, fruit, or just eat with milk.
Try it with pecans, almonds, apricots, banana chips, craisins ect...
1 comment:
yum! i love granola and cant wait to try your recipe! can i post your recipe on my recipe blog? i can!? thanks! i have the same problem with forgeting and loosing recipes, so my blog is the only place to put them....
Post a Comment