Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2 Chapters done....only 14 more to go.....

“She is dead.”

Air rushed through Aud's nose. The corners of his hooked mouth teetered upwards in masked satisfaction. He swallowed realizing his throat had been dry.

“When?” he retorted, feeling impatient.

The hooded man had a habit of waiting too long to answer; long enough that the silence was like manic roosters crowing before sunrise. He did this now, the quiet making Aud's fingers twitch. He glanced askance towards the coins on the ground.

“Perhaps how, would be more interesting,” the hooded man egged. His voice was surprisingly smooth and musical even though it was tuned to a taunting dissonant note.

3 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

oooohhhh. Deception.
Hurry and write the other 14 chapters, and then I'll be your first editor! And I'll totally be on your marketing staff...I like it a lot! You're a great writer!

Laurel said...

Woohoo!

iNetSpy said...

Wow... who knew you could write... I know I dont receive enough emails or letters to prove that. :-)

We miss you punk!

Tell Jason, we should have a years supply of HONEY here when you get back from Hawaii. :-)