Its my Birthday. The big 26. I have been sitting here reminiscing and my brother sent me this clip and told me my mom has watched and been crying. Don't cry mom. I am pretty sure that kind of thing will happen in heaven. :)
The reason I love this clip is because that is EXACTLY what it is like living in my head. I had so much trouble, as a missionary, when people drove by with their stereos bouncing. In my head I would start busting a move...and probably occasionally did. I let loose with the urge in the comfort of my home...and occasionally my car...and sometimes on the street. I wish more people lived life like a musical.
Spontaneous moments like this (ok it was totally planned but I think you can call it somewhat spontaneous because it is so unexpected) are the things that make memories so rich. Most likely you aren't going to remember the monotonousness things in life, but even when you are in a nursing home, you will remember when you went skinny dipping.
Speaking of skinny dipping...on one of the many occasions that I went skinny dipping (my grandma told me it was ok) I had a friend who started waving at the sky. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "I am waving at my movie." After a blank stare she continued to explain, "When my life flashes before my eyes at death I want to see the best moments. I want to look down and see myself waving and being happy to be alive."
So in honor of my 26 years of life here are the moments I want to see.
---------------------------------Best of 26 Years------------------------------------
-A moonlit horsehide with my family up dry canyon.
-Eating Rockies french fries after a long day of moving rocks.
-Standing at the top of Teewinot, a mountain in the Tetons range.
-Leading an entire marching band into a packed stadium full of screaming people wearing Zorro masks and feeling like they were all cheering for me.
-Seeing a Russian ballet
-Gondola ride in Venice
-Skinny dipping in Jackson lake with Polish girls
-Skinny dipping in a water fall
-Skinny dipping with my friend at sunset. (That was brave. The entire branch was camping nearby)
-Introducing Jason to skinny dipping. :) He he he. Don't tell his mom.
-Jumping into a waterfall.
-Jogging down the streets of Russia listening to Stings "desert rose."
-Watching Noelle see dancers on the stage for the first time.
-Many of my modern dance classes especially
-When my favorite family (AKA Albert's) got baptized.
-The dance at my wedding. All of it.
-the night Jason proposed.
-Right after I was released from my mission. I saw Jason for the first time in 18 months.
-The first time Jason kissed me (the first time) and the first time he kissed me after my mission. (for the record the first first kiss took seven months. the second first kiss took two days.)
-Two nights ago when a neighbor started practicing with his band. They were playing Great balls of fire. Noelle started dancing in the driveway. We walked over to the house and danced for the band while they practiced. Oh I love Hawaii.
-Today on my jog, coming over a crest and seeing Pearl Harbor below. Thinking Wow! This is the best birthday already and its only 7:30!
These are just a few. I am glad to be 26!
5 comments:
I cried at the movie too. And btw...I'm the one who waves at my movie :) My daily summer bike ride to Signal Mountain, I'd always wave at the Sky coming around the bend where you see Mt. Moran. Never missed a wave in 6 years of summers. I liked your memories. And I like you. Thanks for being so great. And skinny dipping is indeed fabulous. Glad grandma let us in on the secret :)
Happy 26th Birthday! Thanks for sharing your best moments so far...here's to many more yet to come. The waving idea is cool and cute all in one. Thanks Brooke!
Happy birthday!!! I love that video clip--someone sent it around a few weeks ago in our family, and Alora dances to it all the time now. Good memories. I'll have to remember to do a memory post since I'll be turning my blog into a book--what a good way to document past occasions that aren't in the blog! Hawaii sounds awesome!
Happy, happy birthday, and many more to come. What wonderful memories you have - thanks for sharing them with the rest of us (especially the skinny dipping ones...I REALLY need to become more aquainted with that sport ;) Happy 26!
Happy birthday!!!! I totally loved that video- I so wish we could do that in real life. I really want to live my life like a musical randomly breaking out in to either song or dance!!! And that is so what I love about you lins! You are so like that too! You so inspire me, and I love you for being you! You love to capture life, and dance your way through it. You have given me courage to be myself and seize the moment as well. So on your special day i just want you to know I am so glad you are you! Thanks for having the courage to be you! Love ya!
Post a Comment