Now that all the stress of moving and finding a place is past I feel really grateful as I look back on my Fort Meade memories. One of the best things about Fort Meade was the great people. I don't have pictures of all of them. (And if I do they are on a computer that is taking the month long cruise from CA to HI). I tried to upload all the pictures I took at Ariella's house before I left MD but now I can only find these two. So, know if you are not pictured, you are probably mentioned!
Fort Meade was unique in the obvious (most everyone was military) but also the less obvious. I have never seen so many talented, confidant, unusual(I use that in a good way) woman. I think if I were to meet the stripling warrior's moms they would be a lot like the Fort Meade moms. I hesitate using the word talented, only because it conjures up images of all of them holding medals for outstanding achievements. (Which some of them probably have). Instead their talents were the rarer but more valuable kind. I would call them all out by name, but in an effort to avoid embarrassing any, or missing someone I am just going to let people find themselves by their description.
My make everything beautiful, creative, artistic friend.
My offer me a new perspective friend,
My bold, opinionated, confidant "I'll be doing it my way" friend
My sincere ask just the right question to make me feel valuable friend,
My inviting, inclusive friend,
My baby whisper, toddler tamer friend,
My juggle the world plus invite people over for luncheons friend,
My adventurous intellectual friend
....
The list could go on and on.


Thanks Fort Meade friends! I miss you all. Thanks for letting me learn from you, driving me everywhere, inviting us over for dinner, helping us with our calling, and for all the many ways that you served us.
3 comments:
I missed your last day here, my kids were not feeling well. I thought I was still gonna see you at Romp and stomp. Anyways, we're all looking forward to you guys coming back here, so enjoy every minute of your stay there for now.
hmmm, I was trying to think which category of friend I belong to I'd like to think I'm in the"adventurous intellectual friend",hee-hee.. shaka your way!
Yay! I made your blog...and thanks...I think I found mine. :)
We miss you!!! Hope Hawaii is being nice to you.
i. miss. you. and my kids still talk about noellie - jane especially reminds us how noellie has teeth now and can eat food. VTing is not the same without you - i missed saying goodbye...the sting of that is lessened a little bit by knowing that you'll come back before we move from here...when was that, anyway? one year? fifteen months?
Post a Comment