Thursday, April 16, 2009

It is hard being a kid

In all my planning and scheming for this trip I made many assumptions to help us prepare. I assumed the plane ride would be long (so bring lots of treats) that house hunting would be arduous (So go at it with a good attitude) that living in an empty house would be a little boring and a tad uncomfortable (so I packed survival things).

I am glad that I put ALL of Noelle's things in the short pack--even though it hasn't arrived yet. I am glad because I didn't really assume that moving would be so hard on her. Kids are resilient right?!?!

Its not that she has been a Terror...its that she makes me feel terrible. When she wakes up she cries for a good solid 30 minutes. She can't stand it when Jason leaves without saying goodbye, but its worse when she has to watch him leave. She won't eat ANYTHING but raisins and an occasional spoonful of sour cream. (healthy right!) The kid is living off of fumes.

The worst is that she has had way more behavior issues, and when I get after her she gets so offended she runs off to "hold up the wall" and cries.

I have tried really hard to make things easier on her. We go to the park and the bookstore everyday. I have gotten her new toys and I play with them with her.
Yesterday we went swimming at the community pool. Well, I swam and drug her around the pool. Then these two kids showed up with their grandma and all of a sudden my little sad kid was kicking and splashing and laughing. Which, leads me to the conclusion that she is bored of her mom and is in need of some friend interaction.
I don't really have a point to this post, other than to say Alora, my Noelle misses you!

Any suggestions on making moves easier on little kids? (BTW Jason insists that he had no problems when he was a kid and moved about. I am going to have to have a word with his mother about that. I think he has some memory issues...)

7 comments:

Barbie said...

Sorry that Noelle is having a hard time adjusting. Some of us don't like CHANGE!

Brooke Snow said...

Who wouldn't like moving to Hawaii?!! Heavens! I wish I could come and interact with her!

Shilae said...

Alora misses Noelle too! She ALWAYS asks about her, "where's Noelle?" "let's go to Noelle's home..." "Where's Noelle's mom?"

Laurel said...

Wow. Sour cream? I mean, I love sour cream, but I've never had it straight. She must really be in funk. And if you'll get us a ticket I think Lincoln (and I) would love to come keep her company. Poor thing. Is there a playgroup or anything in your ward?

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry for noelle. hope she meets lots of new friends!

Brittney said...

Ohhh man moving is so hard on kids, but it sounds like you are really trying. And wish I had some great ideas but alas I do not! I had a hard time with Tai when we moved too, but once I had everything of his set up in his room he calmed way down. so maybe when you get familiar things around her she will be okay. Have you found a place yet?

iNetSpy said...

Kids love to be able to make noise... My mom was the best baby tender I have ever known.

Her theory, hand a toddler a box of silverware (minus the sharp instruments of death) and they will play for hours.

She would take a difficult kid screaming while mom was there, toss some spoons in a shoebox, shake them and hand them to the baby. It was AMAZING baby got quiet focused on clacking spoons together... Works with wooden, plastics and of course the hardened metal...

P.S. Do NOT had the baby the tenderizer hammer, [pointing to big toe] This is from Steven in Japan... It was funny until the pain! >:-)