Thursday, April 30, 2009

Much ado about Noelle


For those of you who have heard my "I am not concerned...really" concerns previously about Noelle and her inability to talk yet, I have a full fledged fun report of her sudden language skills and other funny things she is starting to do.

For the record, her first word was salsa. I think we established that long ago. Dog came in second with little interspersion of momma and dadda.

Being worried at her slow progress I got more diligent about teaching her signs. Where "more" and "milk" took months for her to learn, "please" happened after showing it to her twice. Then, the day after our things arrived she handed me her empty sippy cup and said, "Please mom." I about got a concussion from the head trauma after I ran up to the wall doing the happy dance.

The next day Noelle was playing at the computer. Jason told her "no touch" and she turned around with the biggest smile and said, "SO FUN!" I was pretty impressed with her wit.

Her words since then are cheese, shoes, fish, please, no touch, tay (for ok)nose and eyes.

Her personality is getting more apparent as well. She sees me winking at her and will try to do the same. She holds up one finger when you ask her her age, then she claps and cheers for herself. She loves to read and will go get book after book for me to read to her. (I make her walk clear across the house so I can fold laundry in between books).

She is still a temperamental eater. She will eat anything if SHE wants to. So I wouldn't say she is picky. She still loves raisins the best, but she also eats broccoli, soybeans, red peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers really well. her favorite thing is salsa and chips. She sits on her dads lap when he gets home from work and they eat salsa and chips together.

We go for walks everyday and she is really good in the stroller. She loves the park and loves the slides. Our park has a great swimming pool too, and I have been impressed with how much Noelle likes the water. If other kids are there she will "Show off" while I pull her around the pool by kicking and laughing.

She is very interested in "helping" and will rearrange all the shoes in the house, take all the cans out of the cupboard, and her favorite....empty all the dirt out of my pots.

I love watching her learn. She knows how to say "prayers" and will even say them with her baby before she puts her baby down for a nap. She wants to be like me so she tries to wear my shoes and talks on just about everything, including her hand, like it was a cell phone. She carries around a purse that looks like mine and i always find very useful things in it. (A mini measuring tape that I didn't know we had and hand wipes).

I can already tell she is going to be a great mommy. She takes really good care of all of her animals by feeding them and kissing them a lot! This past weekend while we were at the PCC she saw a display with a whole bunch of stuffed turtles. She was so tender and cute with them her grandpa bought it for her, and it has been her buddy ever since.

It was probably the highlight of my "Momlife" to see her watch the PCC dancers. She was totally enthralled and would clap and cheer after each segment.

She is just growing up so fast I wanted to record some of my favorite things about her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U'r welcome!
i'm impressed by noelle, it seems to me she's ding a great job! she really resembles you. :)

Laurel said...

I laughed at every paragraph.

Dave wants you to know he didn't start talking until he was 3. But, when he did he spoke in sentences. He was just waiting til he knew he was right. ;)

Sarah said...

She is so dang cute! Olivia was also slow at picking up on language. But, seriously, it'd take a muzzle to keep that girl from talking now. She chatters a mile a minute from the second she wakes up until she falls asleep at night. :)