Saturday, April 4, 2009

OHHHAHU!!!!

We are here! Well, we have been here for a couple of days, but our time has been filled with trying to find a place to live. (Kind of a bummmer since our hotel is right in Waikiki and I just wanted to go to the beach). Today we move ourselves and our four suitcases into a cute house. I am going to have LOTS of fun living as a minamalist for a month until all of our stuff comes.
I have lots of stuff to write, but I won't have the internet for a couple of days. So I am just going to write a couple of highlights of the trip so far while Jason gets ready.

Highlights:
-Surviving the plane. Oi. Way to long. Plus I swear the pilot worked for a theme park before he got the gig with United Airlines.
-Seeing Palm trees everywhere, the warm weather, and super friendly people.
-Eating out every day. (I am easy to please)
-Fireworks on the beach.
-Seeing Noelle experience sand for the first time. (It reminds me of my first modern dance class. My teacher would ask us to "Make a shape" I could make pretty shapes, but all the artsy modern dancers would gyrate into a contorted roadkill shape. Noelle was all about contorting. She isn't a fan of the sand yet. :)
-Seeing surfers for the first time!
-Eating Indian food....in bed....for breakfast...without silverware....watching cartoons...at five o'clock in the morning. (Noelle's little alarm clock hasn't adjusted yet!)
-Finding a house that is cute, not too expensive....and drumroll...actually has a garage! Oh the possibilities!


There is more plus more to come. If I haven't made comments on you blog (Becky) sorry...I haven't had the internet much. I miss my Fort Meade friends already! (Thanks Arlinda for inviting me over, i just saw the comment.)

Anyway--my child is terrorising the hotel room. I have a feeling there are a ouple of maids who are excited for the raisin kid to check out.

3 comments:

Shilae said...

I'm so excited for you all--I'm so jealous of the palm trees, surfers, and sand!!! And the garage! I can't believe you snuck out while I was on the phone so I coulnd't hug you goodbye!!!

Lindsey said...

Shilae...I snuck out because I was pretending that I wasn't really leaving. Sigh. I would trade having a garage to have you as a neighbor again.

Brooke Snow said...

You got a house! Hooray! Is this house only temporary? Please call me between or after conference, or sometime!