Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day


When I grow up I want to be just like my mom.
I want to have traveled the world, but be happy at home.
I want my house to be full of living things but is also quiet and peaceful.
I want to have a dog who I think is an extra child.
I want to have perfected the art of meditation and to have read thousands of books.
I want to have a secret stash of chocolate.
I want to have planted and nourished so many things that the landscape is forever changed.
I want to be an expert on peppers.
I want to be confidant and unapologetic of my unique self.
I want to be outside all day and not give a hoot that the answering machine is smoking from all the ignored phone calls.
I want the neighborhood kids to come and visit so they can get horse rides and learn all the names of the wildflowers from me.
I want to be the one who takes everyone else wild flowers.
I want to clap my hands, kick up my legs, and say, "Its my boyfriend!" when my husband comes home from work.
I want to teach my kids the importance of good eating, good shoes, and good mattresses.
I want my children to remember falling asleep to me practicing music at night.
I want to have my basement full of bottled peaches.
I want my scriptures to look loved and read.
I want my meals to be as fresh and as tasty.
I want my children to have good memories.
I want my children to feel their self worth because I taught them independence and faith.
I want my kids to consider me one of their closest friends.

I love you mom!

No comments: