Thursday, May 7, 2009

Touch and Feel



Every Tuesday I take Noelle to Border's for story time. Before it begins we go check out all the board books (because she can't destroy them, and because we have read ALL of ours three times...likely that very day). Our favorites are the touch and feel books, and MAN they have a lot of great ones these days. Touch and feel "Animal Tales", touch and feel "Zoo Animals" touch and feel "Bugs"....the list goes on and on.

When I came home I had a brilliant idea. TOUCH AND FEEL BABY books.

Look there is baby after breakfast. Touch her--she's sticky.

Look there is baby after nap. Touch her--she's sticky.

Look there is baby after getting in the tooth paste. Touch her--she is sticky.

Look there is baby after eating raisins. Touch her--she is sticky.


Maybe it a bad idea. Maybe there needs to be more variety.

6 comments:

maughans said...

I love it!
Combo

Unknown said...

Haha...
Touch the baby after she gets into the nail polish - she's tacky and sticky
Touch the baby after she drinks her milk (that gets stuck in her neck crevices) - she's sticky (and stinky)
Touch the baby after she unrolls half of the roll of scotch tape - she's sticky.

Yeah there aren't many options for babies. Maybe powdery after she plays in the baby powder, wet after playing in the box of wipes or doing anything with liquid, crispy after she rubs her food in her hair...

Anonymous said...

lol, sweet!

Brooke Snow said...

ha ha! In all reality I think you would write great baby or children's books... might have to put that on the list after you finish your current novel that you're writing :)

Sarah said...

Hilarious. I'm still thinking of other options. But, of course, you could end with "Touch the baby after her bath. She's finally soft and clean...but not for long"

Ohhhh..and when do we get to see this awesome haircut?

Laurel said...

HAHA! Please create this book. I'd buy it.