Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tree Tour/I speak tree.

Before I settled into the reality of life here on the island (in case you were wondering, you still have to do laundry and change diapers in paradise) I walked around my neighborhood marveling at all the trees. I love trees. I love unique trees.

Being a girl raised in the west meant that my "unique" trees were the knobbiest or oldest trees. Here the competition is more like a beauty competition.
So, I want to take you for a tour of the trees around my house. Really...there is everything.

From cute palm trees that look like cat tails


To every variety of blooming tree that was ever created. This is one of my favorites, but on the way to church there are trees with purple flowers, bright orange flowers, yellow flowers. Oie. It a botanical fun fest.


On to our tree tour. Ummmm. So I told you that I love unique trees. These guys are really unique. On the onset you might notice that, but see, I speak tree. So I am going to be able to translate what they are saying to you. You may find that weird. But since my mom is the only one who usually reads this I am not too worried. I am fairly certain she speaks tree and dog.

Please meet:

Witness Protection Tree

"You looking at me? I ain't never been an African Savannah tree. Did the hyenas send you? Not that I know any hyenas. Or lions. I didn't see nothing. Didn't see the lions go after the zebras! Didn't see that! I've lived in Hawaii all my life."



Small Mans Disease Tree

(He doesn't talk much, but he thinks that he is taller than buildings and bridges)


High Maintenance Tree
"Do my palm fronds match? Gasp! My roots are showing. How embarrassing!"


High Five Tree

"Up high, down low, to the side...Ha...too slow!"



Contention
"Your root is on my side!" "Stop touching me." "Mom mom mom mom...his root is growing in my dirt!" "Stop stealing my sunlight!"


Do you think I am weird? I guess you had to be there.

Next week flowering bush tour!!!

5 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

i definitely need to learn to speak tree. my time outside would be oh so much more interesting.

Anonymous said...

They look ao different and so amazing!

Barbie said...

You come up with the most creative views on life and what surrounds us. I love the tree speak...it looks like you translated it just perfectly.

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I love reading your blog. Oh and looking at pictures of Noelle to get new hair ideas for Eliza. Thanks for the ribbon idea as a next option now that I've tried out piggy tails.

Boyd said...

haha Wheres the bread fruit tree?? I was at the PCC when a giant, (i mean giant, because i was young and my head was small, smaller than the bread fruit, )anyways, when a giant bread fruit fell from the tree and landed right next to me. it was so close to landing on my head! yikes. that is haphazardous.