Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No TV

I love not having TV.
I don't waste as much time.
I don't watch trash.
I can watch most stuff online or through netflix.
I get to forward through Mary Murphy and her annoying screams.


The downer is that the ONLY show I really wanted to watch this summer that isn't online, is So you think you can Dance. Most of the clips can be found online, but because of music infringement you don't always get the real deal.

However, I am all about edumacating the rest of the world on how wonderful dance is, how I love it all, and how they should too. (And mostly how more people should bust a move more often and therefore be happier) So here are some of the most popular videos. Let me know if I am missing a good one.

This is one of the touching ones of the season. I love it because I love how dance speaks about things that are hard to explain.


Bonnie and Clydish.


This one is worth seeing just for the costume change. I need to get a dress like that.



All Waltzing should be done in seafoam green dresses. The music is wrong, so you just have to enjoy the movement. Also, it is my opinion that Waltzing is the most romantical thing in the world. Sigh.



Glorious. Men should dance like this in every culture. In fact, I would forfeit electricy and running water to live in a culture where people danced more period.


Did you like it? acquired taste maybe.



I am in love with Indian dancing. I had to take a folk dance class is college and (snooze) to the Armenian Miserlou, but I LOVED the Indian dancing. The music enters your nerves skips a synapse and suddenly you are smiling and waving your hands wildly while shrugging your shoulders.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The summer camp i was working at brought me back to like to dance!
How did you end up with no TV?

Jesse said...

Cool! Great post Linds. Makes me want to get up and start dancin!

We need to dance again some time. I miss it.

Monique said...

People keep tempting me with these videos that I cannot see since I am not in the US... blah!