* After a month of allusive mouse spottings with no snaps-in-the-trap I pulled a rotten wife, and told Jason that unless the mouse was caught tonight I am moving into a hotel. (He sees through my threats) We figured out the mouse was living underneath our cupboards. (not in, which is a relief, but I still washed every single pan and dish). Jason wanted to hide the trap (hasn't worked so far) but I insisted on sticking it right outside the cupboard. At eleven o'clock last night I heard the fateful "snap". Oh, what a relief. The only problem is that I had dreams all night long about more mice. Oie.
P.S. I have come to ignore the Gecko that lives in our house. Oh, and last night I caught a cockroach the size of a golf ball. I took him to Johns water world adventure park. I don't think he will be coming back.
* I have everything I need to start potty training Noelle. She went potty in the toliet for the first time today. I am coming to realize the down side to Hawaii is that they don't have open bathrooms ANYWHERE. What a nightmare. Diapers would be easier, but I don't exactly want her explaining that to her date when she turns sixteen, so I guess we will keep giving it a go.
* I guess I am the manners police? We had to get our car aligned today. After being told it would take an hour (Noelle in ROSS without a bathroom...) they called back to give us an estimate of all THE OTHER THINGS that they SUGGESTED that we do. To the total of $1685.99. They hadn't even started working on our car, and when I told them NO, that I only want what I had carefully explained to them in THE FIRST PLACE they blank face said it would be another two hours because a car came in while I was deciding and took my place. FOR REAL! The lady could have at least sounding like she was being friendly when she was telling me that repairs would cost more than our car is worth and that my appointment meant nothing.
*I have been spending a lot of time looking at BEFORE and AFTERS of plastic surgery. No worries, it is for some computer programing that Jason is doing. I always assumed that liposuction could do amazing things. After seeing a lot of bums, thighs, and sunken belly buttons, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to stick to diet and exercise.
Some notes to future liposuction patients: A. Wear clean underwear. B. If a thong feels like it is never going to find its way out...it is going to look like it. C. Pick the Wedgie before the picture. Oh, and Dr.'s! I am totally onto all the granny panties in the Before pics and the Lacy thongs in the Afters.
I think I have a better body image after this little research project.
* On the topic of Exercise, I have started to run again and I am REALLY LIKING IT. I need to find some races to work up to. I have been really proud of myself for setting a workout schedule and sticking to it. The first two weeks I was exhausted, but now I am feeling a lot better. I wish that I could teach at a gym again....Maybe I will have to look into it.
9 comments:
Yay for potty training!!! And I can't believe they don't have open restrooms--crazy!!! Good luck.
Sounds like you're having fun days. You could've sent the mouse here. I love animals! I saw rabbits the other day but mom said no, oh well, Berg is still my favorite:)
At first I thought John's water world adventure park was the real deal, and you were just wanting him to have a new home. Then I realized that I also have a Johns water world adventure park. Two of them. I will have to promote them more to any unwanted visitors that we may have.
thanks for the tips on liposuction. Truly golden and valuable information. Honestly, it took me from groucho central to hysterical glee. I wish I was as funny as you.
This post was hysterical! We really do get the grossest bugs here--don't even get me started when we went camping this weekend!
Good luck potty training--I got stuck on the H-1 in traffic with mine. AUGH!
Your humor is a shot in the arm ....well, it's better than that! You have a great ability to not only think, "someday we'll laugh about this" but to compress time and do it immediately...or at least by the time you write about it.
Good job on your exercise and running. I still remember you winning a footrace in Soda Springs many moons ago, running like a speedy bullet wearing new cheap tennies that were at least three sizes too big.
Yeah for the running! I can't believe that I can actually honestly say that I enjoy running now. How did that happen?! Eliza seems to be interested in potty training too, but I'm just not sure how to get her to figure out how to do her duty on the potty seat. She'll run to me and say "poop" and pat her bum, but I'll put her on her potty seat (which is one of the seats that sits on the real toilet) and all she wants to do it play with toilet paper. She will sit there for a while, flush the toilet, wash her hands and add her sticker to her progress chart. I'm not too worried about getting her fully trained right now but I don't want to miss her cues to go since she is telling me on her own and she asks to go. Did Noelle just figure out what to do on her own or did you help her figure it out somehow? Good luck with the lack of bathrooms away from home!
thanks guys, I wasn't trying to be funny. :)
Jamie, I don't have a clue as to what I am doing. Right now I only have faith in my own stubbornness. Noelle was displaying similar interest. Our main problem is she doesn't know how to tell me she has to go potty. I have to see the signs.
Anyway, we just flushed a poop. Yah! Who knew poop could be so exciting!
I'm not sure how you got this far in life without knowing the excitement of poop. I'm glad that Noelle is opening your eyes to new worlds.
I know of a few runs on the east coast of the mainland you could join me for!
Races on Saturdays are hard to come by on Oahu. You have to do the Aloha Run in January.... Presiden't Day monday. Sign up early! Oh, and there is a great 10K in Waiawa, in May... the Pineapple Run. Also, the Ford Island Bridge Run, in April, another 10K. Check the AFBase, and Schofield Barracks. They sometimes have 5Ks on Saturdays. Have fun!
Post a Comment