We made it and have had a most enjoyable several days which I will write about shortly. (When Noelle stops begging me to go see "Mo" the cat and all the chickens. (Or when she resumes taking naps!)
In the meantime.
A song.
I wrote.
Inspired by our flight.
Start humming the tune of Hokey Pokey. (Try not to let your mind take you to a roller rink and the ridiculous efforts you had to not fall down while shaking your adonk a donk while putting your foot in and out)
A sits down
B shows up
A stand up and they move all about
They do the Hokey Pokey and they try to settle down
Thats what its all about!
C is late
She has a cane
They all stand up and try not to complain
They do the Hokey Pokey and try to settle down
That's what it's all about!
The lap child cries
The lap child plays
The lap child sleeps and they try not to move about
They hold the hokey pokey and try to keep it down
That's what it's all about!
C has to Pee
Baby is still asleep
They get up all three and wake the baby
They do the Hokey Pokey and the baby won't settle down
That's what it's all about!
B is from the south
she likes green beans
She tells us about her trip to New Orleans
We talk the Hokey Pokey and try to pass the time
That's what its all about
The drink cart's near
The drink cart's here
B and C order a beer
They snore the Hokey Pokey while the baby wiggles about
That's what it's all about!
45 A
Is a nann-ay
She talks non-stop about kids and her job
We pass the okay dokey and try not to look around
that's what it's all about
Its time to land
We can see the ground
Please stay on the plane because the ground crew is detained
We figet the seatbelt Hokey Pokey and the baby hits the fan
That's what it's all about!
9 comments:
sounds like it was a very fun flight!
nice. glad to hear the flushed out version. you could make a hit single.
AND about this mayor. Is it a mayor of Hawaii or someplace else??
It is a mayor in Utah. I call him dumpy and all the council are his cronies. They keep doing illegal things that make my parents have to get expensive lawyers to keep their greedy paws off of their land (which is my parent livelihood).
BTW, my mom didn't write that--I did. I guess I was signed in as her. She wouldn't say things like dumpy and cronie.
I love it! We're flying to NM with 4 kids this week. I wonder what kind of song we'll be able to make out of it? If only I had your wit and creativity!
sounds like an interesting flight. cant wait to hear about your trip!
tee-hee. Linds, you always crack me up! It was one fun flight then!..
YES! Iggy is coming from Oct. 2 to Oct. 17. Think you can fly to UT for a visit!?
Post a Comment