Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bed(stand)Knobs and Broom Sticks

I don't know if Martha would be proud of me or not.
Maybe if she moved once a year, had a limited budget, was spending said budget on food storage, and lived in Hawaii where things are crazy expensive....maybe then she would be proud of me.

I just hung curtains in my room using two broomsticks as the rods. Then I nailed two bed(stand) knobs that weren't being used (yet) to the wall so that I could attach ties. (Which just so happen to be Russian pocket watches).

I suppose this introduces the topic that grouchy, sick, emotional pregnant mommy has moved into phase two of pregnancy, which is the nesting, emotional, short energy bursts,still puking in the morning mommy. It has been a good change. (Although, the short energy burst are somewhat of a pain because they get me through a good closet dejunking, but fail to carry me through to the "putting things back in the closet" phase.

FYI it is still painfully hot here. And, for all of you smucks who think I am just a whiner, you try living in a house that reaches 90 degree temperatures! My brain has been permanently damaged.

For instance, I just made a scarecrow out of green coconuts (pumpkins are the size of crab apples here, and cost their weight in gold) and dried palm fronds (fresh out of straw....). He isn't very cute. (Just saying like it is!) So I gave him a Lei and an Aloha Soda. If this craziness continues I am going to make a witch to sleep in the hammock on the front porch.


(As if the two were somehow correlated...) Noelle has also moved out of the needy, drive me batty phase, back to the super cute, funny, and too smart for her own good phase.

-She hides her stuffed animals at night so that she can prolong bedtime just a little bit longer. But, when I finally put her down she cuddles down with THE WHOLE HERD (at her insistence) and then tells me "SEE YA!"

-I usually sing her a song right before I lay her down while she rests her head on my shoulder. Last night she sang along with me....in Chinese. She is so funny.

-Noelle's animals are her babies. They get fed breakfast and taken to the potty every day. Occasionally they get sent to timeout. More often than that they have done "something" that merits "treats". Hmmmmmmmm

-She says, "Durtles" for turtles. It is also the word she uses for noodles. Bees are her blankets and if she wants milk she has made up this sign that is a combo of "milk" "please" "more" and "give it to me now". I see a future as a baseball player here...

-We take a cold shower AT LEAST once a day. Noelle will not tolerate warm water. It MUST be turned to COLD. If it is even ocean temp she whimpers and says, "hot" like its burning her.

-To my complete amusement Noelle LOVES to dance. We turn on the music several times a day and get jiggy. I can't wait to teach a creative dance class with some other kids so that she can be in it. (I guess I need to add that to my list of things I ought to be arranging).


In other family news....

-My official (Which means we are just guessing here) due date is April 7th.
-My new doctor had more personality than a rock which means A. She was better than the last and B. I actually do like her.
-the BIG ultrasound is scheduled in a month.
-Jason is going to be Spock for Halloween. (He just doesn't know it yet).

Live Long and Prosper!

2 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

I want to see the curtains! And I'm sure Martha would be proud!

I can sympathize the 90 degree temps inside. Last summer our AC broke and I dealt with that every day! Wretched! I can only imagine that its probably worse with humidity. Hang in there! Glad Noelle is happier again. She sounds smart to figure out that her herd needs treats. I need to get me a herd and get them to share!

Barbie said...

It's good to hear from you again. I guess that you have been busy with lots of creative decorating...I would love to see a picture of curtains and scarecrow. I don't know if you see the humor in your life as well as it comes across in your writing but I want you to know that it helps me to look for the bright funny moments in my sometimes cloudy common days. I love Noelle's emerging personality. She has sense and zip! (by the way, what kind of treats does the "herd" enjoy?)