There may be a few of you who haven't filtered through my cryptic hints and haven't heard my good news.
You are probably the same people who think my husband works for NASA.
On to the good news.
Wait, let this be fun and cryptic again.
Sooooooooo, I first "knew" my good news when:
5. I started having REALLY weird dreams. Dreams in which I....well, let us just say that I usually woke up with a start because I thought the cops were coming to get me...or with my heart racing because I had just told someone off...Most of the time in my dreams these days I am an antagonistic criminal. Please don't analyze or get out your decoder dream books.
4. The Second sign was RLS. Or as I know refer to it, "Aggravated, Insane, RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME" It has been followed closely with another Syndrome Jason has named which we refer to as CPB or Crash Past Bedtime Syndrome. (My new bedtime is 8:30 and if I do not make it under the sheets by then I will fall asleep doing whatever task I was attempting)
3. My energy level could well be described as what you might find in a person who has severe sleep deprivation and has gone on that crazy lemonade cleanse.
2. I cried Watching Hannah Montana. (I know). Then I cried watching Flicka. (Valid reason this time, there was SNOW!) I also cried last night watching John Adams, but that was a little more reasonable...right?
1. There is a tie for first place here. So you pick. It could either be the frequent visits to Johns Water World Adventure Park....or the Dr. with the Probe and the resulting snowy picture with a itty bitty beating heart.
So there is some good news and some bad news to all this.
Good News-I am going to have a baby!!!
Bad News-My Dr's office is in the Ghetto.
Good News-I am a bit farther along than I thought.
Bad News-I very strongly disliked my doctor from the moment she first spoke. (And this is after forgiving her for making me take off ALL my clothes just so that she could use her magic probe--And then walking in when I was half dressed and leaving the door adjar for all of Ghetto Hawaii to get a good look at me before the broke into our car. (they didn't but they could have)
Good news-I am looking for a new doctor. Duh.
Bad news- Jason is going to be on tour in Japan for my new somewhat calculated due date.
Kinda good news-There was only one baby in the ultra sound. This is probably a good thing, but I wanted two so that this could be my last pregnancy EVER. Don't judge me. Three is all I can handle. At least you know now. Actually, two is all I can handle, but if I had twins I would have been forced into three. Actually one is all I can handle but I wanted Noelle to have a buddy.
Bad news-The doctor A. inferred that I was overweight to begin with B. Didn't want to answer any of my questions about anything because, "this is your second so it will be easier." and C. Went back to A. and told me not to gain more than 30 pounds.
I gain people! I eat right. I exercise. I ignore ALL cravings for pink sugar cookies and I still gain. 55 pounds with Noelle and I was teaching Aerobics and Pilates up until a month before she was born!
And lets go back to the not asnwering questions part. This is kind of a traumatic event. I do have a right to know what techniques a doctor allows or supports, and what the hospital facilities are like. And to tell a mom WHO HAS ALREADY HAD A BABY that it will be easy is kind of moronic because I do have a memory and one delivery isn't going to turn my insides into Disney's Crush and Gusher. Oie.
I think my hormonies have been cranked up to the Don't-Push-my-Buttons mode.
So, if you live in Hawaii and you had a really great doctor/birth experience please pass the info this way.
Or For Reala Manila
I am going to be like Cruella.
**POST EDIT: Good News? My baby will be born on the same Island and the same hospital as our current president...Or was he??? The Obama Ohana mystery thickens like gravy made with baking soda!
15 comments:
Congratulations!!! I'm so with you on the being thankful it's not twins--but thinking that would have been the only way you'd ever get to three.
I gained 60 with Caitlin. And Dr. Rojas still called me "beautiful mommy." So go, grow, gain, live long and prosper.
Jason will be gone??? When are you due?
Yeah, when is the date? Do I have to come to Hawaii to keep you company? By the way, you should have shown said Dorkter the picture of you leaping off of Long Hill, defying gravity gracefully and said, "Does this person look heavy to start with?!" (By the way, I was sure you were twins but I think it was just wishful thinking that I could get a two for one deal.)
Shilae-I can't even begin to express how much I wish it was Dr. Rojas that was going to deliver this baby. He was the best Dr. I have ever visited. Anyone who can make you comfortable after your kid just threw raisins all over his floor and so you have to hold her (while she is screaming) so that you can get a ugg pap smear done, ,has a gift.
We think I am due beginning of April. The Dr. was about as helpful as a kindergartner telling you the time.
Congartulations from our family!!!!!
I hate your doctor. You most definitely need a new one. And I agree with mom. You should have showed her the jumping picture and said, "Ummmm this was taken last week. Don't tell me I'm overweight! Who else can do that and not be fit?!"
I also read in an AWESOME pregnancy book that I LOVE and highly recommend (Birthing From Within) that your first visit with a Dr. should NEVER be unclothed. Ever. I get to have one of those fun tests on my next visit, and my current Doctor has been prepping me each visit for the last two months, reminding me it will happen so its not a surprise show up and unclothe deal.
I LOVE my doctor. I've already gained 50 pounds and he hasn't even mentioned it. I was the one who brought it up. And even then, he didn't act too concerned but just told me to drink more water and make sure I walk more. And he totally answered all my questions, was open to all the "all natural" things I want to do, embraced the idea of a doula, and calls our baby by name.
Yep, the search is definitely on for you! Good luck!
Congratulations! No chance of matching birthdays this time around since I'm not pregnant, but that's okay. Maybe if you go for a third...
A found a link for a rating of doctors...
http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node%2F28882&sid=12
Hope it can help!
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. You'll be a great mother of two:) I hope you are feeling okay. I LOVE your new dancing pics! Reminds me of the good ole days---luckily for you, it looks like you've not gotten rusty!
ps. Loved your comment on my blog especially the part about "watching at home"--totally made me laugh:)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Ahhhhh! That is wonderful news! I am sorry I missed your call back the other night. I don't get service in my bedroom so I didn't get your message until the next day. Sorry! But it'd love to catch up and CONGRATULATIONS again!!!!
As I said before, mega congrats! Oh, and I sorta want to punch your doctor in the face. Lame. Let us know when you find a REAL doctor :) I know you are in better shape than I have EVER been in my LIFE (In fact, some of the healthiest, most fit women I know are the ones who gain the most weight during pregnancy). Those pictures that Brooke took? Sheesh, you look fantastic!
So first of all congratz!!!
Now! I delivered both of mine at Castle Hospital in Kailua and had the same doctor for both who was AWESOME and based at Kahuku. Unfortunately she selfishly went and relocated herself to the big island to begin practicing over there so im sorry i do not know of any good docs on this side.
Although if you do not mind the travel my current doctor is in town her name is Dr Texeira at the Kuakini Med center. She was at Mililani but moved also but because she is so good i will go to where she is even if it takes an hour in rush hour traffic.
The kids doctor is a pediatrician out at Kahuku who is a member of Hauula ward out there and he is great! Another example of how far i will drive for a good dr.
Your doctor sounds a bit like my sisters one, with weight and all. Where do you currently go? She is with Kaiser and hates it!! so she has the same probs.
You should call me or we should meet up sometime to talk more.
Sorry this post was so long hahah.
Congrats! I am so happy and excited for you. I hope you find a dr. that you like better. When are you due?
Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear that your doctor sucks. I've had a whole host of bad doctors and I don't think I have made it through a whole pregnancy without swearing it would be worth it to do it at home just to avoid them. Although, I have had many midwives that I have loved. I hope you find someone soon!
Lindsey--Sounds like you need to call me and fill me in on a few things...
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment