We passed a guy that looked like this:
I told my Dad, "I think he is an actor..." My Dad nodded like he knew, but I think all my Dad watches is Glen Beck so I don't think he really believed me.
Then suddenly I had more nerve than normal and walked up to him and said, "Hi. I just want to shake your hand because I like your show."
He was really nice and asked me what my name was and then commented that Noelle didn't look very excited to see him. I told him that is just because she hasn't seen his show. (I didn't tell him that I really haven't either, but eh...at this point that would be rude).
The cool thing is we are on a first name basis now...Except I think I called him John, and I kept waiting for him to spot a polar bear. :)
P.S. Had it been Sawyer I probably wouldn't have had the nerve.
2 comments:
Cool! I don't think I've ever been that close to a celebrity. Well, I guess I was that close to Tom Brady--before I knew who he really was, but sports stars aren't really my type of celebrities.
I met John Young, Gene Kranz and Homer Hickam (the guy not the actor that played him in October Sky). I have a picture somewhere with Homer and some things signed by Gene Kranz. My camera was on the fritz when I met John Young, or I'd have a picture of that too.
Yes, I am a space nerd.
Post a Comment