Lets do a recap.
Last Thanksgiving we got to be guests at our friends house. They did most of the work.
The Thanksgiving before that we were guests at my cousin Nickolee's house. She did most of the work. (Oh, and I went into labor two days later).
The Thanksgiving before that we were guests at a friends house. They did most of the work.(Oh, and she went into labor a week after that). That was also our first Thanksgiving away from family and we had to cook our part of the meal in a half oven (they make such a thing) and we set off the fire alarm.
This year I decided it was my turn to host Thanksgiving and not be such a menace to society. So we invited some friends over, and my wonderful parents were here, and if you want proof of that...sorry. I didn't take pictures. (I was eating!)
I have come to the conclusion that delegation is a wonderful thing. My Dad made the potatoes and gravy. I made rolls, the stuffing, and the sweet potatoes, my mom made a pie and a cranberry salad, and Jason made the Turkey. (Don't feel bad for him, he got a Cache Cooker and a Dutch Oven out of the deal). Our guest also brought some yummy casseroles and pies.
Since we are in Hawaii, I wanted to do something a tad memorable, so we bought some Rambutan and Lychee to decorate the table with and then encouraged people to try them. (Knowing very well we had picky eaters in the crowd).

Jason and his Turkey. Oh, he is now on permanent Turkey Duty. (Thanks Cache Cooker and Dutch Oven!)

The next morning we went on a hike to a lighthouse. I should mention, this picture was taken because my mom said, "Lindsey, you need some pictures of your family for a Christmas Card." And just so all ya'll know. You aren't getting a Christmas card because just about every picture of us together as a family looks like this:

(Mom, its not your fault. It was windy)
Here is the rest of the crew:

A little Rabbit Island in the background:

And....a second attempt to take a family picture.

At least we are all in this one. :)

But, I like this one the best.
9 comments:
I like all of them! The pictures bring back great memories. Please put them on a CD and send it to me!
Happy Holidays Linds and fam! I love all of your pics and would love to get an xmas card with any or all of them on it!
12235 blue spruce dr.
rancho cucamonga, ca 91739
please email or comment your address to me so i can send you a card in case i actually get them sent out this year.
i like that one the best too :) We miss you guys...:( Denim especially.
How fun! What a great Thanksgiving! Your table looked so pretty, so was anyone brave enough to eat the lychee? And i am way impressed that you hosted a dinner, I have yet to do that. A little nervous i have to say, but I would like the left overs.
And I love your pics, I think they are so cute!!!
Did someone get the recliner for a chair? I would have loved that!
I liked that pictures too...Bellows is the best beach!
We missed you this year! We had Olivia over and nobody else, and it was the most relaxing Thanksgiving we'd ever had. Wish you were here to enjoy our blizzard (14" snow and huge drifts with the wind)! Hoot is outside pulling Ghent on the sled.
I don't know if you get notices about past posts...but I went looking for a picture of your hair when it was short because I'm thinking of going short in the fall and I always loved yours...but when looking for it I saw the picture in this post with you holding Noelle, and I think it's one of my favorites of you.
Post a Comment