
I have RLS. Really. Bad. Especially when I am pregnant. Being the all natural (ha) girl that I am I googled, "foods rich in iron" in hopes that I could self medicate.
Here were the results of my favorite search...ever...
1, Cockles boiled. (I thought these were the combs on a chicken. I am glad that they aren't. I did learn where the saying, "cockles of my heart" came from.)
2. Black pudding. (Uhhhh what?)
3. liver. (No. It looks like the "gifts' my cats left on the front porch.)
4. Fish paste. (I think I have tried this. It may have been so bad I have blocked it from my memory. Actually, I know I tried this...in Russia...and it was in a cake.
5. Haggis. (You heard me. Haggis)
6. Sardines canned. (If my mother eats them for me does it count?)
7. Ox Tongue. (Where in heck do you buy Ox tongue? I can't even afford a good Sunday roast.) * that comment was made to make my mom feel guilty that my sister gets fed Sunday dinners at least twice a month and then I get to hear from EVERYONE how good the meal was while I (four hours behind) stand at the refrigerator trying to figure out what to feed my poor little fasting family. (Cause Jason actually fasts, and that makes me hungrier than usual).
Anyway, I think you get the point. Clearly, there is a reason I am not getting enough iron in my diet. Furthermore, I will not be eating Haggis to solve this problem.

In other news. I actually did something proactive/assertive to follow through with some of my resolves for this upcoming year and I got a small gig writing for an e-magazine. You can sign up for it here and see me in all my glory.
The funny part is the pay. I had to choose between getting paid per post or getting paid per word. After discussing it with my husband I decided on getting paid per post. ONLY because after doing the math, I discovered I would only be getting paid .02 cents a word. Which, according to my husband, is what Kit Kiteradge was getting paid. (Not only is she a fictional character, but she was like ten and lived during the depression.)
6 comments:
Kit Kitterich was a great movie! I loved it ! You should be proud to be on the same par as her :)
I'd go for the liver or the sardines...maybe I could eat them for you! Ox tongue has iron? I have had cow tongue sandwiches as a child of depression folk who ate every part of the cow...I can't imagine tongue has anything of great worth in it, it is one of the few things that won't go past my tongue.
Congrats on your new writing career!
Was there anything you liked from Russian cuisine?
I agree with Brooke Kit is a great movie and if it makes you feel better I think she got paid a penny a word.☺
One of my college professors was from Scotland. He says that they only way you can eat Haggis is if you have a bottle of whiskey to go with it. Get yourself drunk, then the taste isn't so bad. He also currently has some canned haggis sitting on his desk as a joke.
Good luck with the iron, mine usually runs low, so I take iron supplements sometimes.
BTW, funny word verification: unfroth.
way to go on the job.
i have rls. i like to sit with my legs crossed, it numbs it and then I am fine.
Or better yet, get a massage from the tiny elevator, or is it in the tiny elevator?
Post a Comment